CA Service Management

• 1.  Can Configuration items detail page holds more than 150 custom fields?

Posted Apr 24, 2019 02:00 AM

hi;

we have a requirement from the customer to customize the CI detail page to hold extra more than 150 custom fields, will it have a performance/ any other drawback?!

• 2.  Re: Can Configuration items detail page holds more than 150 custom fields?

Posted Apr 24, 2019 08:46 AM

Why 150 fields?

Perhaps there is a better way to handle this.

• 3.  Re: Can Configuration items detail page holds more than 150 custom fields?

Posted Apr 24, 2019 08:52 AM

Customer requirement

• 4.  Re: Can Configuration items detail page holds more than 150 custom fields?

Posted Apr 24, 2019 08:55 AM

Yeah wrong answer.

Accepting customer requirements like that and not digging to know the exact need are bad consulting practice.

• 5.  Re: Can Configuration items detail page holds more than 150 custom fields?

Posted Apr 24, 2019 09:05 AM

So what about you tell us exactly what is the goal and we help you find a suitable solution.

Otherwise, I'll let the other answer since I never recommand a solution without knowing the need.

• 6.  Re: Can Configuration items detail page holds more than 150 custom fields?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2019 09:17 AM

I am with Pier...

It seems you may consider the extensions instead of the main CI page. Main CI page does not suppose to hold that many fields.