CA Service Management

• 1.  Was the Hourglass icon removed from SDM 17?

Posted Apr 24, 2019 10:38 AM

We recently upgraded Service Desk Manager from 14.1 to 17.2, and it seems that the Hourglass icon, which would appear while waiting for server response, is no longer showing up in the top-right corner while using "classic" (not XFlow) view..   Was the Hourglass removed from version 17, or is something wrong with our upgrade?  As of now, we have no status feedback when there's a delay in response.

• 2.  Re: Was the Hourglass icon removed from SDM 17?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2019 10:51 AM

adessec ............

I just checked in my SDM 17.2 environment and I see the hourglass in the upper right hand corner of the screen when performing SDM searches.

Since your environment is an upgrade, did you check to see if form customizations might be the cause of the behavior you are seeing?

• 3.  Re: Was the Hourglass icon removed from SDM 17?

Posted Apr 24, 2019 12:22 PM

Yup; you're right, thank you.  I checked again and the hourglass is actually there but since we have a custom dark blue banner at the top of the screen and the hourglass is now black, it's just barely visible.   So it's a just a CSS issue... 

Do you know what CSS class is associated to the hourglass icon, so we can fix it?

• 4.  Re: Was the Hourglass icon removed from SDM 17?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2019 12:50 PM

adessec........

I am not 100% sure, but you might want to look at the analyst_styles.css file in \wwwroot\css folder