Clarity

• 1.  Roadmaps

Posted Apr 24, 2019 11:13 AM

Good morning all.  I have two questions on roadmaps.

1.  I watched the Roadmap webinar last week and when using the import from PPM feature in the webinar,  they had the option to import project, ideas and a few other items.  When I log into our instance of 15.5 I only see the option to import projects from PPM.  Are the other objects not available for import in 15.5?

2.  Is there the ability to create a custom date range for the roadmap?  When the originally setup our instance of Clarity, the fiscal year was setup based on a standard calendar year, Jan-Dec.  Our fiscal year doesn't run from Jan-Dec and I'd like to be able to create the roadmap for our actual fiscal year.  Is this possible without changing the fiscal year in our Default Entity?

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Roadmaps
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 26, 2019 02:37 AM

Up to 15.5.1 you only have the option for projects

The latest webinar was with 15.6 where you have also ideas

Regarding the fiscal periods the documentation says

New User Experience: Top-Down Planning with Roadmaps - CA PPM - 15.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Create a Roadmap

As a portfolio manager, begin with a new roadmap and fill it with roadmap items corresponding to your business goals.

Follow these steps:

1. In the main menu, click Roadmaps.
    2. Click NEW ROADMAP.
    3. Complete the following fields:
      • START PERIOD
        Defines the roadmap start period that is based on what fiscal annual periods you have configured for your default entity. The field shows the next fiscal annual period by default. For example, if the current date is September 15, 2019, the default fiscal period shows 2020, the next annual fiscal period.   

To get what you want you would have to create new fiscal periods to match your real life periods or if that is two late then create a new default entity with all other things required which is also a pain.