DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

What is "Number of cached events is too high" message in Enterprise Team Center

• 1.  What is "Number of cached events is too high" message in Enterprise Team Center

Posted Apr 25, 2019 03:01 PM

In the Enterprise Team Center log, I'm seeing the message, "Number of cached events is too high, the oldest have been clamped!" 26 times, and repeating  every minute. I read the KB article about this message (https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/number-of-cached-events-is-too-high-the-oldest-have-been-clamped/kb000092724), and increased the  introscope.apmserver.events.clamp property, but still seeing the warning.

Two questions;

1. Is there a metric under  Enterprise Manager that I can monitor to see the number of cache events or events clamped?  …|Enterprise Manager|ApplicationTriageMap|Events|Events to AGC:Events Clamped and its indicate that it clamp value is around 800, but Increase the above property from 200000 to 250000 didn't stop the  message.

2. Is there a metric a can monitor on the provider cluster to indicate how many events is coming from each provider?

• 2.  Re: What is "Number of cached events is too high" message in Enterprise Team Center
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2019 10:23 AM

Dear Robert: 

I looked at common causes for this metric. It happens when the ETC master/providers can't keep up or start so cached events grow. I am sure you are focusing on that already,

I am not sure on the metrics.

Team, can you help Robert out?

If no one responds, please consider opening a case.