Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

How do I change the cost rate on previously posted timesheets so that new cost rate matrix applied?

• 1.  How do I change the cost rate on previously posted timesheets so that new cost rate matrix applied?

Posted Apr 26, 2019 06:59 AM

We have been using CA PPM for project management for the last year including using timesheets to capture time.  However, at that time we did not apply a cost rate matrix.  We have now done so which has worked and we are seeing the costs of actuals tick up.  However, our actual costs do not include all the timesheets posted prior to us implementing the cost rate matrix.

Is there a way to unpost the timesheets in bulk and repost them with the rate now implemented in our cost rate matrix without creating the need for reapprovals etc.?  We will also have had resource leave the business in that period which could impact.  Without being able to do this our actuals on long running projects are clearly too low.

This is probably a fairly common requirement but I have yet to find a solution.

• 2.  Re: How do I change the cost rate on previously posted timesheets so that new cost rate matrix applied?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 26, 2019 03:15 PM

There is no unpost of timesheets and no unpost in bulk in the GUI. Adjustment timesheets is one way, but that means setting the hours to zero to take off the incorrect or missing monies and then another adjustment setting the same hours back to get the matrix applied.

If you use XOG to do that you might be able to do in bulk, but XOGing in the timesheet area need practicing.

An option is to create  two transactions for each entry one to set the monies right and the second the set the hours back to original. Creating the xml files in bulk could be simpler than creating the xml files for timesheet adjustments.