Service Virtualization

• 1.  Two specific transactions with same signature and two different responses

Posted Apr 29, 2019 07:22 AM

Hi Team,

I am working on scenario where I have to handle two same signature requests with two different responses.

Transport protocol is JMS. There is no correlation id and message selector approach used during creation of VS.

I know duplicate requests follow a round robin approach to send the response but I want based on request

response should be selected from VSI.

Can we achieve this  without match script?

Your inputs would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

• 2.  Re: Two specific transactions with same signature and two different responses

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 29, 2019 11:24 AM

So you have response A and response B, the request has the same signature. So far, this is not something special. Maybe it becomes special based on your next answer: what piece of data in the request do you want to use to distinguish between scenario A and scenario B?

Cheers,

Danny

• 3.  Re: Two specific transactions with same signature and two different responses

Posted Apr 30, 2019 02:23 AM

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your reply.

below is the scenario given.

Request 1 :

Val1 = XYZ

Val2 = 123

Val3 = $500

Request 2 :

Val1 = XYZ

Val2 = 123

Val3 = $500

Val2  argument having dynamic value.

Two different response configured for both requests like “Response A” configured for Request 1 and “Response B” configured for Request 2.

When application is expecting “Response B”  as a response due to round robin approach I am getting “Response A” as a response configured for Request 1.

Thanks in Advance.

• 4.  Re: Two specific transactions with same signature and two different responses

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2019 02:58 AM

Hi,

From your above example it is still not clear what piece of data or metadata or header data from your request is used to make a decision whether you are in scenario 1 (request 1 --> response A) or scenario 2 (request 2 --> response B).

Your virtual service is simulating a real live system, so how does your live system know if it is getting request 1 or request 2? What business logic inside the live system results in response B when it receives a request 2, and alternatively a response A when it gets a request 1?

Cheers,

Danny

• 5.  Re: Two specific transactions with same signature and two different responses
    Best Answer

Posted May 03, 2019 02:00 AM

Thanks Danny..

I was missing some link. Now I am able to handled those responses.