Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Workflow inconsistancy when upgrading Automic

Posted Apr 30, 2019 11:14 AM

Hello, perhaps someone here can help me. I'm trying to upgrade out Automic 10 environment to Automic 12. After exporting our jobs, I try to run them but this one stubborn job refuses to run. It worked fine in A10, but in A12, a variable called EXEC_RC doesn't seem to get set properly in a postcondition, and the rest of the workflow just stops, since the preconditions of the following jobs can't resolve.

Automic 10 Workflow and postcondition

Here's what it looks like in Automic 12:

Automic 12 monitoring and precondition

I didn't write this workflow, and I probably don't have access to whomever did. But it's clear enough what the intention was.

I've looked over the documented version inconsistancies, but this didn't seem to fit any of them. Can anyone here make sense of this behaviour?

Thank you,

Robert

• 2.  Re: Workflow inconsistancy when upgrading Automic

Posted Apr 30, 2019 11:36 AM

Hi

there are several versions in between V10 and V12.0 - with a lot of possibilities that could have been changed - e.g. validity of Variables....

As far as I can see - object Variables are usually defined with a leading & -- can this be the problem in V12.0 Postcondition?

You can try changing some values, variables, settings of the jobs (and conditions) to find the error.

If this is not successful you can reverse engineer the whole workflow and its jobs.

You can browse through the Release notes of all versions between:

Automic 

Automic 

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/12.0/DOCU/12.0/AWA%20Guides/help.htm#_Common/Topics/release_i… 

If nothing leads to a result you can build new workflow logic around the jobs.

good luck!

Wolfgang

• 3.  Re: Workflow inconsistancy when upgrading Automic

Posted May 21, 2019 11:31 AM

Thank you for your reply, Wolfgang. I'll have to verify, but It seems like I ran into an issue with preconditions that was fixed in 12.2.2 HF2 for Linux.