Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

CA PPM in task properties % Complete is bringing many decimal places !!!

• 1.  CA PPM in task properties % Complete is bringing many decimal places !!!

Posted May 07, 2019 03:58 PM

Dear,

% complete as can be seen in the image is bringing many decimal places. I already checked the object is selected as default 0.00%. What can be happening?

% COMPLETE TASK

• 2.  Re: CA PPM in task properties % Complete is bringing many decimal places !!!

Posted May 07, 2019 04:44 PM

The important thing is the number of decimals

In the 15.5.1 system at which I looked at it is is set a 21, but it is read only.

If it editable in your system set it at something else and then at 2 to see if that makes a difference.

If it is 2 and not editable open a case with support.

• 3.  Re: CA PPM in task properties % Complete is bringing many decimal places !!!

Posted May 07, 2019 05:05 PM

Urmas, Mine is with this same configuration in version 14.4

• 4.  Re: CA PPM in task properties % Complete is bringing many decimal places !!!

Posted May 08, 2019 04:40 AM

The same for me in 14.4

If I enter more decimals

the excess is cut off when I save

The same for tasks and subprojects.

Once an attribute is created, there is no supported way for the user to change the number of decimals.

Open a case with support.

• 5.  Re: CA PPM in task properties % Complete is bringing many decimal places !!!

Posted May 08, 2019 07:43 AM

Urmas, did this% update routine influence that% of tasks would increase the decimal places?

Note: I performed this routine

production environment

In the Homologation Environment, it presents only the two houses, which would be ideal !!

Note: I did not run the Update% Complete routine

• 6.  Re: CA PPM in task properties % Complete is bringing many decimal places !!!

Posted May 08, 2019 03:08 PM

I do not think running the Update% Complete job should have any effect on it. The job is used when the % Complete calculation method is other than manual.

You could check if the db definition for the number of decimals in the view is other than the default 2

Use the query

SELECT
          LABEL
          ,ATTRIBUTE_CODE
          ,DECIMALS

FROM ODF_VIEW_ATTRIBUTES
         , ODF_VIEWS
    where LABEL = '% Complete'
    and VIEW_ID = ODF_VIEWS.ID
    and ODF_VIEWS.CODE = 'task'
    and ODF_VIEWS.OBJECT_CODE = 'task'
    and ODF_VIEWS.VIEW_TYPE ='property'

• 7.  Re: CA PPM in task properties % Complete is bringing many decimal places !!!

Posted May 08, 2019 10:27 PM

The screen shot shown is for a Sub-project.  The data for this is not coming from the Tasks, but from the Project % Complete.

Are real tasks being shown with 8 decimal places?

The Project % Complete is also defined as 2 decimal places (at least in the environment I looked at), but is stored on the database as what looks like 17 decimal places.  In the environment I looked at (V15.5) it displayed this data as two decimal places in the UI.

I don't have access to V14.4 environment to repeat, but, you may be experiencing a 'challenge' when looking at sub-project from the task view.

• 8.  Re: CA PPM in task properties % Complete is bringing many decimal places !!!

Posted May 09, 2019 02:48 AM

Just wondering again...

If the value is stored in the db with several decimals (float) is it not the definition of the field in the task properties which determines how many decimals are displayed regardless of if it is for a task or a subproject?

• 9.  Re: CA PPM in task properties % Complete is bringing many decimal places !!!

Posted May 15, 2019 08:54 AM

Roland,

Real task roland, four decimal places are shown !

• 10.  Re: CA PPM in task properties % Complete is bringing many decimal places !!!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 15, 2019 09:18 AM

Hello -

Go to Configure in the Task List page and select List Column Filter>>Fields.  Click on the Properties of the % Complete field.  What does this show for the Decimal Places field?

• 11.  Re: CA PPM in task properties % Complete is bringing many decimal places !!!

Posted May 15, 2019 01:05 PM

In 15.5.1 that seems to be editable in the layout fields, but not in the filter field.

That is user configuration and not system.

So are other users seeing the same or just one.

• 12.  Re: CA PPM in task properties % Complete is bringing many decimal places !!!

Posted May 15, 2019 01:41 PM

Here in mine too. All users check these decimal places