CA Service Management

• 1.  Create a New Catalog Plugin

Posted May 10, 2019 08:43 AM

I´m trying to create a new catalog plugin that do Service Desk Webservice operations.

I read this tecdoc: https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/How-to-leverage-the-sample-API-Plugins-for-use-as-a-template/kb000039757

But the sample select plugin has only a fixed values in its dropdown.

I tryed to did the same steps of tecdoc creating a new version of ca.catalog.servicedesk-select-plugin plugin, but I´m not able to compile the new created plugin with ant.

Does someone has some directions on how to create a new plugin that executes webservices operations?

• 2.  Re: Create a New Catalog Plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2019 09:07 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Paulo.

Please check the attached docx. It might help you further?

Kind regards, Louis.

Attachment(s)

• 3.  Re: Create a New Catalog Plugin

Posted May 10, 2019 09:13 AM

Louis, where is the attachment?

• 4.  Re: Create a New Catalog Plugin
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2019 09:28 AM

Hi Paulo.

I see:

ATTACHMENTS

• 5.  Re: Create a New Catalog Plugin

Posted May 10, 2019 09:35 AM

Louis

And do you have an example of a plugin that executes Service Desk Waebservice Calls to share?

Thanks

• 6.  Re: Create a New Catalog Plugin

Posted May 14, 2019 09:12 AM

Using documents provided I,m trying to create a new one based on sample select plugin.

I did first version with only fixed values and I was able to compile and use the plugin.

After I started to include some features to use webservice.

I included these 2 lines in .java file and tryed to compile:

import com.ca.www.UnicenterServicePlus.ServiceDesk.USD_WebServiceLocator;
    import com.ca.www.UnicenterServicePlus.ServiceDesk.USD_WebServiceSoap;

But I receive the following error:

Buildfile: C:\Program Files\CA\Service Catalog\filestore\plugins\ca.catalog.custom.select-plugin\select.custom-src\build.xml

init:

build:
    [javac] C:\Program Files\CA\Service Catalog\filestore\plugins\ca.catalog.custom.select-plugin\select.custom-src\build.xml:30: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to C:\Program Files\CA\Service Catalog\filestore\plugins\ca.catalog.custom.select-plugin\select.custom-src\build
    [javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.6
    [javac] C:\Program Files\CA\Service Catalog\filestore\plugins\ca.catalog.custom.select-plugin\select.custom-src\src\java\com\ca\usm\plugins\custom\select\CustomSelectPlugin.java:7: error: package com.ca.www.UnicenterServicePlus.ServiceDesk does not exist
    [javac] import com.ca.www.UnicenterServicePlus.ServiceDesk.USD_WebServiceLocator;
    [javac] ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files\CA\Service Catalog\filestore\plugins\ca.catalog.custom.select-plugin\select.custom-src\src\java\com\ca\usm\plugins\custom\select\CustomSelectPlugin.java:8: error: package com.ca.www.UnicenterServicePlus.ServiceDesk does not exist
    [javac] import com.ca.www.UnicenterServicePlus.ServiceDesk.USD_WebServiceSoap;
    [javac] ^
    [javac] 2 errors
    [javac] 1 warning

Can someone help me on how to compile this plugin

• 7.  Re: Create a New Catalog Plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2019 09:38 AM

Sorry, I do not. :-)