DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  A device via SNMPv3  Takes a long time for get OID

Posted May 10, 2019 01:58 PM

Hi all.

I am trying monitoring with snmpcollector a SwitchRouter model Cisco 1905K 9 via SNMPv3. But hasn't been is'nt possible.

I am test with sapwalk2 capturing all OID (1.3.6.1) but this takes 2 days for obtaing the OID's of the device.

Why happen this?
    How can configuring this device in SNMPCollector for that working? Or I need configuring some parameter in the swith-router?

Best Regards.

• 2.  Re: A device via SNMPv3  Takes a long time for get OID

Posted May 10, 2019 03:02 PM

Since sapwalk it taking 2 days, there is no way snmpcollector will be able to monitor that device.

Hard to imagine any network admin would let one of their devices be that slow so a good starting point is the connection to it.

Remote into the system hosting snmpcollector and use 'pathping' to the device, or some other such tool.

Wireshark is another good tool for troubleshooting network problems.

• 3.  Re: A device via SNMPv3  Takes a long time for get OID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2019 03:05 PM

Actually, if you're walking the entire device, it can take more than a day to collect all of that, especially if there are a lot of routing tables, etc.  Try limiting your scope to something like ifTable to see that response.

• 4.  Re: A device via SNMPv3  Takes a long time for get OID

Posted May 10, 2019 03:59 PM

Robert, but the problem is that SNMPCollector can'it monitoring the device and the test with sapwalk is only for certificate if the device had any problem.

Right now, the device it's discover with the wizard in USM and imported to snmpcollector but after long time indicate in snmpcollector "Discovery Failed - Credentials Invalid or device unreachable".

I need determinate whats is the problem for show to the administrator of the device because he think that the device working fine because he have the monitoring with PRTG and this working fine.

• 5.  Re: A device via SNMPv3  Takes a long time for get OID

Posted May 10, 2019 04:16 PM

The poller.log in the snmpcollector folder may have more info on the failure.

also try

snmpcollector MAX_BATCH setting - CA Knowledge 

• 6.  Re: A device via SNMPv3  Takes a long time for get OID

Posted May 10, 2019 03:36 PM

Thanks David, I think the same. I will talk with the admin of the device