DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How to autovalidate probes in a robot which change its name on every restart of the computer?

Posted May 13, 2019 03:34 PM

Hello,

Ive already tryed to use the PU commands:

pu -u administrator -p Spectrum99 controller probe_verify <probe name>
    pu -u administrator -p Spectrum99 controller probe_activate <probe name>

Also tryed doing right click on the probe , going to security > validate > yes to all.

both options works for some minutes, but after that the probes start asking for validation again. It seems that it doenst generate the magic key again. 

Any ideas? 

#UIM #probes #Change_robot_name #uimrobot #

• 2.  Re: How to autovalidate probes in a robot which change its name on every restart of the computer?

Posted May 13, 2019 04:23 PM

Software version numbers would be good to share.

WIth regards to the process, both methods you indicate should work. At least until the robot changes names again. 

The controller generates a md5 hash off a number of things on the server - robot name, IP, files in probe, etc. On startup of the controller, if this calculated value is different than what was originally calculated, it assumes something has been tampered with.

I'd suggest setting the log level on the controller to 5 and watching that to see where this expected-to-be-static data changes.

• 3.  Re: How to autovalidate probes in a robot which change its name on every restart of the computer?

Posted May 15, 2019 09:45 AM

I know that this should work, but it seems that its not working that after doing the probe_verify and probe_activate, it doesn't clear and generate a new md5 hash, cause the magic key is still the same. 

• 4.  Re: How to autovalidate probes in a robot which change its name on every restart of the computer?

Posted May 13, 2019 04:32 PM

And not that I'd suggest doing it but here's a way to automate the response:

/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcomm.support.ca.com%2Fkb%2Fautomatically-validate-hdb-and-spooler-probes-via-script%2Fkb000034372

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/automatically-validate-hdb-and-spooler-probes-via-script/kb000034372

The script has a number of errors in it unfortunately - the worst of them is that it starts off with calling alarm.list() instead of alarm.get(). 

If you use alarm.get you don't have to iterate across all alarms or figure out which one's to act on - because you already know that because the AO fired.

• 5.  Re: How to autovalidate probes in a robot which change its name on every restart of the computer?

Posted May 15, 2019 09:49 AM

I´ve already seen it, but i didnt try it because, validating the probes throught PU command or doing it manually in the IM it doesnt work, why should it work doing it that way. Apart from that, it maybe work for some minutes as its happening with the other methods and this wont be a good solution cause it will requiere more resources with no reason.

• 6.  Re: How to autovalidate probes in a robot which change its name on every restart of the computer?

Posted May 15, 2019 11:38 AM

Open a support case.

This functionality you are describing having problems with is core to the product. If it didn't work then you wouldn't be able to install a probe to begin with. 

And no one else has chimed in with a "I have that issue also" sort of response.

As such, the issue must be with your specific usage or environment. 

• 7.  Re: How to autovalidate probes in a robot which change its name on every restart of the computer?

Posted May 15, 2019 01:52 PM

It works when deploying a probe but wasnt working when the robot changed its name and i revalidated the probes.