DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Replication of probes configuration files from Primary hub to HA hub

Posted May 13, 2019 03:16 PM

Dear Team,

Would anyone please advise me the best practice/way to replicate (real time) configuration files from Primary hub to the HA. 

e.g. net_connect, url_response, vmware etc. 

All these probes are running/active on my primary hub and based on day to day routine changes we are updating (removing/adding devices) on the primary and we want to replicate those changes to the HA without manual intervention. Is any any method/way to do.

I thought of doing it with robo copy shell script but looking for some reliable method recommended by CA UIM.

Please advise.

Regards,

Simran Jeet Bhagat

• 2.  Re: Replication of probes configuration files from Primary hub to HA hub

Posted May 15, 2019 10:01 AM

Nothing out of the box. Many probes, such as vmware support the user of templates because there are often changes in target resource items. Then there is the wisdom to keep the primary hub exclusive to the core infrastructure operations and locate the monitoring hubs at second tier hubs.

• 3.  Re: Replication of probes configuration files from Primary hub to HA hub

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2019 01:59 AM

There would unlikely be any straight forward approach, as there is no out of the box functionalities to handle the senario.

While I understood this is common senario in real world use, I believe every customers are doing what they think things best workable for their implementation.

For example, net_connect probe, its monitoring policy is found in cfg file only.

Technically speaking, probe with the same cfg file content at any robot behaves the same.

Therefore, just copying the file is adequate.

However, take a look at the other probe, snmpcollector, monitoring policy is spread out in the multiple locations (cfg, internal database, template files, vendor cert bundles, etc) so different approach is required.