AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

Expand all | Collapse all

How to rename the chain/process flow ,modules in Application manager? we are migrating around 1800 chains/modules and i want to create a copy of 1800 objects with new name.

• 1.  How to rename the chain/process flow ,modules in Application manager? we are migrating around 1800 chains/modules and i want to create a copy of 1800 objects with new name.

Posted May 14, 2019 11:25 AM

Hi All,

Is there any way to do a BULK copy (rename) the chain /modules in Application manager?

• 2.  Re: How to rename the chain/process flow ,modules in Application manager? we are migrating around 1800 chains/modules and i want to create a copy of 1800 objects with new name.

Posted May 14, 2019 12:07 PM

I am not aware of any non-labor intensity way of doing this.  Theoritically, it could be done by exporting the Jobs and Process Flows, then editing the resulting .exp file to change the Job and Process Flow names, moving the changed .exp file from the export directory to the import directory, then importing the changed .exp file back into AM, and then finally, after checking everything out, delete the old Jobs and Process Flows from AM.  The problem is in the editing of the .exp file to change the names, as you must also change any references at the same time, and the name in those references may be split across 2 lines in the .exp file.  If I were to attempt this, I would make a backup copy of the AM Database, and then do the above process on small numbers of Job and Process Flows, and then check things out very carefully once the changed .exp file has been imported.  Even then, it is something that I would only want to do if I absolutely had to.

Ed.