Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  How do I gather the Amazon S3 request ID values requested by AWS Support in PAM?

Posted May 16, 2019 04:31 AM

We are using S3 to do Session Recording.
    I recently disconnected with S3 while working with the session recording.
    - Priamry network sotrage for session recording is down.
    - mount available : Unavailable.

When we contacted AWS Support to check the communication status with S3, They have requested the "RequestId" of the requested host in S3.

For example, an S3 request ID pair returned in an HTTP request header resembles the following:
    x-amz-request-id: 79104EXAMPLEB723
    x-amz-id-2: IOWQ4fDEXAMPLEQM+ey7N9WgVhSnQ6JEXAMPLEZb7hSQDASK+Jd1vEXAMPLEa3Km

How do I gather the Amazon S3 request ID values requested by AWS Support in PAM?

• 2.  Re: How do I gather the Amazon S3 request ID values requested by AWS Support in PAM?

Posted May 17, 2019 04:18 PM

I do not see anything related to the Request ID in either the Session Log or the xcd_spfd.log.  I will have to do some research and get back to you.

• 3.  Re: How do I gather the Amazon S3 request ID values requested by AWS Support in PAM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2019 05:18 PM

Hello, In order to mount an S3 bucket in PAM, you have to select a provisioned AWS region. You will see the AWS key alias when you make the selection. This alias corresponds to a target account associated with the "AWS Access Credential Accounts" target application. I suspect that the request ID the AWS support team asks you for is the Access Key ID of that account. And x-amz-id-2 in your example looks very much like the secret access key for this key ID. I think they would want to know the access key ID only.