Clarity

• 1.  Resource Allocations Tab Setting

Posted May 15, 2019 06:24 PM
      |   view attached

Is there a way to create monthly labor resource allocation segments other than manually creating them on the resource's properties page? Ideally, is there a way to view (and edit) a resource's allocations across all projects in monthly percentages other than in hours? I do not see a setting to change from hours to percentages for the resource's "Allocations / Detail" tab (see attached), which is the tab that we would like to edit, but in percentages other than in hours. This is for CA PPM 15.3. Thanks.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Resource Allocations Tab Setting

Posted May 16, 2019 03:01 AM

I do not think you can configure it

That portlet uses the Team Allocation as the data provider.  That has some timescaled fields that it time slices (system slices) and the options for displaying them are

No percentage option. You could create a new virtual time scaled field, but the display options are the same.

If you want percentages then you have to manually create the segments in the resource properties page. Or use a process.

You could also have a custom query based portlet where the allocations are on monthly columns and in percent, but query based portlets are not editable.

• 3.  Re: Resource Allocations Tab Setting
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2019 10:07 AM

Can you try changing the 'Work Effort Unit of Measure' setting from Hours to % Availability and see if that gives you something closer to what you are looking for? This setting can be found under Options - Configure - List Column Section - Options. 

Also, you can try updating the allocation on the time scale as this will automatically create the corresponding segment on the team properties page. 

• 4.  Re: Resource Allocations Tab Setting

Posted May 16, 2019 10:52 AM

Can you try changing the 'Work Effort Unit of Measure' setting from Hours to % Availability and see if that gives you something closer to what you are looking for? This setting can be found under Options - Configure - List Column Section - Options.

This suggestion worked! It seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!