Clarity

• 1.  UPGRADE CA PPM

Posted May 16, 2019 04:15 PM

Hello people,  I want to update CA PPM!  I am in doubt whether, in fact, the installer called CD containing a code, if it is actually connected to my ID account. How can I get this certainty?  Another question, can we perform update with the installer of the CD KEY of another ID?

• 2.  Re: UPGRADE CA PPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2019 01:57 PM

Hi Marcelo, 

As this is related to CA PPM product, we have moved your thread to CA PPM community for the visibility of our engineers. 

Thank you! 

Regards,

Heena

• 3.  Re: UPGRADE CA PPM
    Best Answer

Posted May 20, 2019 02:36 AM

You need to get software for the upgrade. In order to get the software you need download access to support.

Sounds like you already have that.

The upgrade itself is not tied to any account. A user name and email is asked during the install for the record just in case something goes wrong and a support case is opened and the support needs to contact for more information. The  user name and email may also be dummy ones.

See the documentation for upgrading

CA PPM - CA PPM - 15.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

This discussion board has also plenty of threads on upgrade and install if you just search.

• 4.  Re: UPGRADE CA PPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2019 04:14 AM

Along with what Martti said, we dont have any KEY for the installation, however if you are an existing customer you must have access to support site and that is the authentic source to get the software 

• 5.  Re: UPGRADE CA PPM

Posted May 20, 2019 08:42 AM

Guys, thank you !!