Clarity

• 1.  Clarity with DBaaS

Posted May 17, 2019 07:26 AM

Hi All,

Anyone using clarity application with #dbaas (Oracle Database as service).?

please do let me know we are working on way to achieve this. we are having issues with establishing connection from clarity to DBaaS.

Regards,

Siva Rakesh 

• 2.  Re: Clarity with DBaaS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2019 10:39 AM

What challenge you are facing, even in Database as Service you would connect via JDBC URL. What is the JDBC URL you are using and what error you are getting 

• 3.  Re: Clarity with DBaaS

Posted May 20, 2019 08:44 AM

Hi Suman,

To connect to Oracle 12C pluggable database (PDB), we need to connect using service name. when i tried to update the JDBC URL with no SID it fails to connect and i get an error like [CA Clarity][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-12505 Connection refused, the specified SID (Null) was not recognized by the Oracle server. 

I am not sure if SID is mandatory to establish a connection to database from clarity.

• 4.  Re: Clarity with DBaaS
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2019 08:54 AM

SID is never mandatory, here is an example of PDB of my lab, go ahead and modify the JDBC URL by changing your parameters 

jdbc:clarity:oracle://oraclepdb.lvn.broadcom.net:1521;ServiceName=DWHPDB;BatchPerformanceWorkaround=true;InsensitiveResultSetBufferSize=0;ServerType=dedicated;supportLinks=true 

• 5.  Re: Clarity with DBaaS

Posted May 21, 2019 03:53 AM

Thank you Suman for your solution. it worked.