ESP Workload Automation

• 1.  There is any command available in CA7 to get last successful completion time of Job other than LPRRN.   LPRRN command taking more time for retrieve the information for CA7.

Posted May 17, 2019 09:04 PM

There is any command available in CA7 to get last successful completion time of Job other than LPRRN. 

LPRRN command taking more time for retrieve the information for CA7. 

• 2.  Re: There is any command available in CA7 to get last successful completion time of Job other than LPRRN.   LPRRN command taking more time for retrieve the information for CA7.

Posted May 20, 2019 11:30 AM

LRLOG command will show you the status that the job completed on.  

example

C 19135/1130 J NDMDSBF2 0740 001 NDM      COMP  AUTO 0739 19135/1130 19135/1130
    X 19135/1134 J NDMFACTY 0737 001 NDM      C0001 DEMD 0000 19135/1128 19135/1128

• 3.  Re: There is any command available in CA7 to get last successful completion time of Job other than LPRRN.   LPRRN command taking more time for retrieve the information for CA7.

Posted May 20, 2019 12:57 PM

Hi,

Yes, we can get details by lrlog command. But I believe we have time limit for lrlog. As for as I know we can get last 30days log from CA7. For annual or bi-annual or on request Job by this command we cant get required details.  please advise any other comments available for satisfy for requirement. 

• 4.  Re: There is any command available in CA7 to get last successful completion time of Job other than LPRRN.   LPRRN command taking more time for retrieve the information for CA7.

Posted May 20, 2019 01:08 PM

For something that old the only way to get information is with History Reports.  

renate

• 5.  Re: There is any command available in CA7 to get last successful completion time of Job other than LPRRN.   LPRRN command taking more time for retrieve the information for CA7.

Posted May 21, 2019 07:43 PM

Hi Roderick,

Thanks for your response, you always help me to find the answer :-) .

Let me explain my requirement. I am planing to create report such as Scheduled VS ran for particular day for Jobs or cycle.

If I get completion time for Job, this help to meet my requirement. By LJOB command we can get start time but I am mainly looking for completion time. LPRRN command help to get that, but if i run through batch for some 1000+ Jobs it is running for long time.

Could you please guide me.

• 6.  Re: There is any command available in CA7 to get last successful completion time of Job other than LPRRN.   LPRRN command taking more time for retrieve the information for CA7.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2019 08:27 AM

You can also issue the LJOB command to see the last run date/time. It will only show you the last start time of the job.

LJOB,JOB=testjob1 

or

LJOB,JOB=testjob*

• 7.  Re: There is any command available in CA7 to get last successful completion time of Job other than LPRRN.   LPRRN command taking more time for retrieve the information for CA7.

Posted May 21, 2019 07:43 PM

Hi Roderick,

Thanks for your response, you always help me to find the answer :-) .

Let me explain my requirement. I am planing to create report such as Scheduled VS ran for particular day for Jobs or cycle.

If I get completion time for Job, this help to meet my requirement. By LJOB command we can get start time but I am mainly looking for completion time. LPRRN command help to get that, but if i run through batch for some 1000+ Jobs it is running for long time.

Could you please guide me.

• 8.  Re: There is any command available in CA7 to get last successful completion time of Job other than LPRRN.   LPRRN command taking more time for retrieve the information for CA7.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2019 08:30 AM

Rakesh,

Depending on the release of CA 7 you are running. If you are running r11.3, the LPRRN command is basically your best option. If you are running r12, I can provide some SQL to extract what you need from the database. One of the main reason for us going to Datacom as the database for CA 7 was for request like this. With r11.3 running with the vsam database files, we were limited on what data can be extracted. Well, with Datacom we can use SQL to get almost anything we want out the database....

So, please tell me you are running r12 or r12.1 (which went GA a few weeks ago).... 

• 9.  Re: There is any command available in CA7 to get last successful completion time of Job other than LPRRN.   LPRRN command taking more time for retrieve the information for CA7.

Posted May 22, 2019 03:29 PM

Hi Roderik,

we are using r11.3 version at our shop.