DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

sdgtw - passing clear alarms into ServiceNow London fields

• 1.  sdgtw - passing clear alarms into ServiceNow London fields

Posted May 21, 2019 04:07 AM

Hi all,

I am looking for some pointers and assistance.

We are attempting to configure the sdgtw 2.1 probe to be used with ServiceNow London.

The mappings for basic case integration are in place and working.

A requirement we have, is to have the clear alarm time passed into the comments/notes or a field within ServiceNow. I cannot find a method to achieve this via the probe or via a nas rule, as it look like the sdgtw probe may be hard coded to hand clear alarms by sending the Resolved or Closed API request to ServiceNow.

Does anyone have any ideas or methods on how this may be able to be achieved?

I have tried adding .severity and .level to a custom field then mapping that to a notes(or alike) field. But is only passes >clear severities.

After this priority piece is achieved, we would also like to have the alarm count added to the increment field. But that is phase 2

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: sdgtw - passing clear alarms into ServiceNow London fields

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2019 05:54 PM

David -

Getting the clear alarm message recorded in ServiceNow would be considered an enhancement request for the sdgtw probe.  With the current design of the probe, the receipt of the alarm_close message only sets the state/status of the corresponding ServiceNow incident to closed/resolved (whatever you have configured in the probe).

If you are looking to get the alarm count value added to the ServiceNow increment field, you should be able to map the increment field to the value of the $suppcount variable in the alarm message.  The suppcount field in the UIM alarm is the value of the current alarm count assigned by the nas probe.