Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Looking for a missing file: smpwservicescgi.exe

Posted May 22, 2019 07:20 AM

Hi,

We have a very old version of Siteminder running on a legacy system, and suddenly missing the smpwservicescgi.exe file. This means we can not use the login mechanism anymore.

Is there anyone that could tell me what this file exactly does, and if we can get any replacement of this file?

Thanks a lot!

Br,

Edo

• 2.  Re: Looking for a missing file: smpwservicescgi.exe

Posted May 22, 2019 10:44 AM

Hello Edo, 

smpwservicescgi.exe is used for legacy password services in historical releases of Siteminder. 

You may be able to restore the file another deployment in one of your lower environments. 

That being said, you would need to determine what caused the file to 'disappear'.

This would not have been from a Siteminder process.

You might want to check with your server security teams to request if a heuristics software scanning is done that removed or quarantined the file for some reason. 

James Atchley

SSO Support

• 3.  Re: Looking for a missing file: smpwservicescgi.exe

Posted May 23, 2019 03:41 AM

Hi James,

Thank you for your response. The thing is that we do not have any backups old enough to have the file in there and no lower environments because there havent been done any development on for the last 8 years..

So this is kinda my last destination in the search for a solution.

If there are any more suggestions you have, please let me know

Best regards,

Edo Brakel

• 4.  Re: Looking for a missing file: smpwservicescgi.exe
    Best Answer

Posted May 23, 2019 10:58 AM

Edo, 
    The only other option that I can think of is to download the same release of the agent that your working with. Reinstall the agent, or deploy to a sandbox and migrate the missing file(s) over as needed. 

Do you know what release of the agent that your working with? 

-James