Layer7 API Management

• 1.  A question about service_metrics table

Posted May 22, 2019 02:23 AM

When I do "select count(*) from service_metrics", count increases by 1 in about 5 seconds. Maybe there is a call for the Dashboard. If I want to check the count of api calls registered as Web Service, is there any way to check without joining another table?

I suspect that the attempted column is zero, and except for this, it was almost similar to the number of api calls shown on the dashboard.

Is this the right approach?

• 2.  Re: A question about service_metrics table

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2019 05:08 AM

Hello

The service_metrics table is used to build the Dashboard. But if you would like to get the data anywhere else, you would want to either use external metrics (new feature with Gateway 9.4  see https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-gateway/9-4/en/learning-center/overview-of-the-policy-manager/gateway-dashboard/configure-gateway-for-external-service-metrics for more details). Or if you are on an older version of the gateway you can request the tactical assertion "Gateway metrics" to extract the data via a policy. Request has to be done via support.

• 3.  Re: A question about service_metrics table

Posted May 22, 2019 05:19 AM

I use Gateway 9.3 ver. and it's just a work for confirmation.

If it is not correct to exclude the zeroed column for checking the number of api calls, just let me know what causes the count to increase once every five seconds or so.