DX NetOps

• 1.  Is supported OpenJDK in Spectrum10.3?

Posted May 22, 2019 05:12 AM

Hello,

I am trying to decoding the Spectrum_10.3 guide, specifically I need to know what version of JAVA is supported by the new version of spectrum.

I found this :

Q. Is Java JRE version 9 supported in 10.3?

A. No. The minimum java jre version supported is 1.8._172 and all minor 1.8 versions above update 172.

Ok, If the MINIMUM java supported is 1.8...why the 9 version of java is not supported?? Perhaps it is a mistake and the "minimun" word should be remplace for "maximun"...I don't understand it, perhaps my english is very bad,well Really this is true...

So, Is supoorted Java 9 in Spectrum_10.3?

Is supported OpenJDK (Amazon Corretto or AdoptOpenJDK )?

Saludos,

Susana

• 2.  Re: Is supported OpenJDK in Spectrum10.3?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2019 06:59 AM

Hi Susana,

In this URL you will find the reason Java 9 is not supported:

https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231183880-ca-spectrum-java-support

Thanks,

Silvio

• 3.  RE: Is supported OpenJDK in Spectrum10.3?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2019 05:17 PM
    Susana,

From a technical PoV, I have gotten OpenJDK (as in IcedTea) to work wtih the Spectrum OCE GUI. However, I think that there is a reasonably slow load time to get it up and running (Sun/Oracle JRE always seems faster).

If you read up on Java 9, it was killed off by Oracle as a developmental version. The same goes with Java 10. They want you to move to Java 11, to which they want to start charging you for using it. Obviously, this won't fly with a lot of companies and so I doubt whether there will be a huge motivation to support it.

As such, you are best to run everything using Sun/Oracle JRE 8 build 172 and above (as in any build greater but NOT major release).

Ed