Broadcom Mainframe Software Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Mainframe Communities Homepage Post-Migration

• 1.  Mainframe Communities Homepage Post-Migration

Community Manager
    Posted May 22, 2019 11:23 AM

As we prepare for our final migration of CA Communities to the new platform as part of the Broadcom transition, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to find your communities there. With that in mind, I wanted to share the future-state URL for the CA Mainframe Product Communities:

https://community.broadcom.com/mainframesoftware/home

This URL isn't live today (if you go there, you'll get a "Not Found" error) but on June 6 it will go live and will have links to all of the individual product communities we're in the process of building and migrating content into. 

It will look something like this:

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm happy to answer anything that I can!

• 2.  Re: Mainframe Communities Homepage Post-Migration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2019 12:27 PM

Hi Lenn,

Will we need to resubscribe to the Communities we want to Follow and get email notifications about?

June

• 3.  Re: Mainframe Communities Homepage Post-Migration

Community Manager
    Posted May 22, 2019 12:33 PM

Yes. It's a completely different system and because we are going from 9 communities to many more, we can't do that mapping automatically. 

We'll have some videos available at launch explaining how to do these things!

• 4.  Re: Mainframe Communities Homepage Post-Migration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2019 12:35 PM

Thanks Lenn

• 5.  Re: Mainframe Communities Homepage Post-Migration

Posted May 22, 2019 12:28 PM

Two comments, Lenn -

1. Why is it CA-1 & CA-11, but NOT CA-7?  Could they add CA-7 as an "alias"?
    2. Is it CA-CSM or CA-MSM this week?  I see it both ways in various places.  Again, maybe an alias entry?

- Don

• 6.  Re: Mainframe Communities Homepage Post-Migration

Community Manager
    Posted May 22, 2019 12:34 PM

Don, as far as I know the hyphen isn't a part of the official naming of these -- but that's a marketing thing and outside of my realm.

• 7.  Re: Mainframe Communities Homepage Post-Migration

Posted May 22, 2019 02:03 PM

Lenn, Don is correct that there does seem to be some inconsistency here. You have..

CA 11 Workload Automation Restart and Tracking

...but...

CA Workload Automation CA 7 Edition

Either the "Workload Automation" should come before or after the "CA n" product name, but it seems confusing to have a mixture of the two.

Don also has a point about "CA Mainframe Software Manager" (MSM). That was its original name, and there have been occasional rumours that it would be renamed back to that. But the current published version of the product is called "CA Chorus Software Manager" (CSM).

• 8.  Re: Mainframe Communities Homepage Post-Migration

Posted May 22, 2019 05:59 PM

One of these days CA is going to learn that embedding marketing product family names in the product name just causes confusion, since the product families keep changing, seemingly on whim.

I still have CA products installed whose documentation all says "AllFusion" but the product is installed on "Computer Associates Advantage" paths. So to get to the AllFusion product I have to navigate through "Advantage" in the Start Menu.

• 9.  Re: Mainframe Communities Homepage Post-Migration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2019 01:32 PM

Lenn, does this mean that each individual product now has its own community?  Are we not having larger communities of 'functional groupings' with sub-communities oriented to a specific product?

• 10.  Re: Mainframe Communities Homepage Post-Migration

Community Manager
    Posted May 22, 2019 02:08 PM

Correct. For years our customers have told us that individual product communities would be preferred, so we're doing that here as part of the migration. That doesn't mean we won't have some cross-product/function activity in the communities. 

• 11.  Re: Mainframe Communities Homepage Post-Migration

Posted May 23, 2019 04:08 AM

Hi Lenn,

I think you may have already answered this question but, for clarity*, I will ask this question: Will all existing CA Communities signon userids and passwords be migrated to the new Broadcom communities?

Thanks

Steve

*Today, here in this post, I refer to "clarity" as a normal English word not to the product CA Clarity

• 12.  Re: Mainframe Communities Homepage Post-Migration

Community Manager
    Posted May 23, 2019 07:24 AM

Steve,  the short answer is yes. Members who have logged in within the past 24 months will be migrated.

• 13.  Re: Mainframe Communities Homepage Post-Migration

Posted May 23, 2019 08:09 AM

The slightly longer answer is that (according to a previous post) you must have explicitly logged in to the community within the last 24 months. Many community members have set up their subscription to follow the community in their email inbox, so that they do not need to log in, to receive content notifications. Those email updates do not count as a login. So any member that has that set-up should go to the communities.ca.com website ASAP and log in.

• 14.  Re: Mainframe Communities Homepage Post-Migration

Community Manager
    Posted May 23, 2019 08:13 AM

And there will be another announcement about this today. Thanks, Owen.