Clarity

• 1.  Task Actuals are not reversing when reversed through WIP

Posted May 22, 2019 12:49 PM

Initially there were a few transactions created by users using Transaction Entries (Voucher Expense/Other). But they have entered on wrong task and they want to revert them back to zero. 

What I did - 

1. Intial Actuals - 200, then Created WIP adjustments with same details and actuals as -200. But the Application still shows 200 as the Actuals. I run the Import Financial Actuals too.

Checked PPA WIP table where the status = 0  but the value present in DB is  (-200) not sure if application will only show the absolute values.

1. Tried to zero out from Create WIP Adjustments with same details and Quantity = 0 Cost=0 and Rate=0. In DB PPA_WIP shows Quantity as 0 and status is 0 too but in Application it still shows 200.

I guess application will pick the Actuals with Status 0, not sure. Please tell where am I doing wrong. I am running the Import financial Actuals Job too for every change. 

Also, Please let me know how this mapping from Project actuals to PPA_WIP occur.

Thanks in advance.    

• 2.  Re: Task Actuals are not reversing when reversed through WIP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2019 12:59 PM

Did you first entered the -200 did you use the same transaction date? 

You could have also just used the 'Reverse' button.

• 3.  Re: Task Actuals are not reversing when reversed through WIP

Posted May 22, 2019 01:43 PM

As a first action, I have just reversed them but Actuals got reduced not zeroed. 

After this action, Actuals were 200 so I Created WIP Adjustment as (-200).

• 4.  Re: Task Actuals are not reversing when reversed through WIP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2019 01:52 PM

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/does-ca-ppm-support-negative-transactions/kb000018475

Please log a Support ticket if issue still persist so we can help you.

It may be a case that you have an out-of-sync situation

• 5.  Re: Task Actuals are not reversing when reversed through WIP

Posted May 22, 2019 09:17 PM

I had a PPM client who did this, and requested Support if there was a way to correctly reverse, and sadly required database updates which Support would have to develop, due to the way the client had tried to reverse the transaction.

The client had managed to 'reverse' it correctly from a WIP perspective, but the Actuals on the Task lines remained  incorrect.  This then limits using the 'Populate from Task Assignment' on the Cost Plan as there are now 'differences' between the 'task actuals' and the 'wip actuals' as it will then push the 'difference' when using the 'Populate from Task Assignment'.

I would be very grateful if someone could provide a step-by-step guide on how to correctly reverse these types of transactions, in particular, when the item has been posted and the error may have not been identified for a couple of days/weeks later.

• 6.  RE: Re: Task Actuals are not reversing when reversed through WIP

Posted Jun 06, 2019 03:32 PM
    ​When you reversed the entry in the WIP Adjustments, did you then go the Approve WIP Adjustments and approve?  I had a similar experience and then when I approved the adjustments, it cleared up the actuals properly after running the Import Financial Actuals job.

• 7.  RE: Re: Task Actuals are not reversing when reversed through WIP
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 07, 2019 04:18 AM
    1. Reverse the WIP transaction
    2. Approve the reversal
    3. Run the "Import Financial Actuals" job

Regards
    NJ

------------------------------
    NJ
    ------------------------------