Rally Software

• 1.  Is it possible to rename Agile Central Work Item Types?

Posted May 23, 2019 03:18 PM

For example, suppose I wanted to rename the "Feature" work item to have my own custom name (i.e. "Arch Feature") instead of the default name of Feature. Also, is it possible to create my own Item Types instead of using the default User Story, Feature, Initiative work items?

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to rename Agile Central Work Item Types?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2019 02:08 AM
    Hi.

- For Portfolio Items (such as Feature):
    You can rename them by editing the field named: "Portfolio Item Type". A Workspace Admin will normally do that and it will impact the entire workspace. They will go to their setup area -> select the workspace -> fields -> from drop-down select Portfolio Item -> Edit the Portfolio Item Type field and then rename the field. Note that you can rename the field, but not change the order of the portfolio hierarchy.

- For all other objects (User Story, Defect, Task, Test Case .. etc... ):
    These objects can not be renamed. But you can change their prefixes. Out of the box we provide prefix to their generated index that forms the Formatted ID. For example for Defect, that prefix would be: "DE", for User Story that prefix would be "US". These prefixes can be renamed by a workspace admin and will impact these objects for the entire workspace. 

I hope this helped.

Thanks,
    Sagi