DX NetOps

• 1.  Define "Probable Causes" using variable

Posted May 24, 2019 03:49 AM

Fellow Spectrum admins,

I would like to use a variable as part of the "Probable causes" alarm description, but I can't find what is the attribute for it.

My plan is to use Event Procedure to append that, but this key information is missing.

Does anyone know it?

Thanks and regards,

Zacchi

• 2.  Re: Define "Probable Causes" using variable

Posted May 24, 2019 07:59 AM

Are you referring to the Dynamic Alarm Title? Working with Events and Alarms - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Can we get more details as to exactly what you are trying to accomplish?

Joe

• 3.  Re: Define "Probable Causes" using variable

Posted May 24, 2019 08:16 AM

Hi Joe,

Not exactly, I don't want to change the Alarm Title in any way, but the information that appears in the "Probable Cause" field, for example:

I cannot simply edit the event directly because I don't want it to be static. I want to add one Event variable to the text, to make it look like this (e.g.):

1) Possible security issue on {S 2}. Commonly, high Memory utilization is caused by a security issue, such as a worm or virus operating in your network. This is especially likely to be the cause if no recent changes have been made to the network.

Is it somehow achievable?

Regards,

Zacchi

• 4.  Re: Define "Probable Causes" using variable
    Best Answer

Posted May 24, 2019 08:56 AM

To my knowledge there is no way to modify the Probable Cause information. The only thing I can think of is to generate specific events based on the value of the Event Variable(s) to generate an alarm using a specific Probable Cause file.

Joe

• 5.  Re: Define "Probable Causes" using variable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2019 09:03 AM

Not aware of any way to do this currently but it's a great idea for an enhancement.

• 6.  Re: Define "Probable Causes" using variable

Posted May 24, 2019 09:30 AM

Thanks Joe and Robert,

I will look into other alternatives and raise the enhancement idea.

Best regards,

Zacchi