AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Prevent DSeries running jobs on startup.

Posted May 24, 2019 04:34 AM

We will be doing a Business Continuity exercise in June and I want to make sure that when the DSeries servers start up they don’t immediately start running jobs. I want to keep everything that’s there but I want to prevent it running anything until all necessary systems are ready, I wondered if there was an easy way to do this.

I won’t necessarily have access to the servers during the first reboots as they are being recovered by IBM so if there is a way of doing it through a configuration file that would be best. I've considered that I could write a script that will run on startup that will check the mac address of the Ethernet adapter and if it's not ours issue a command to stop the service and I've also considered setting all services to manual a little before our recovery point. We have 2 engine servers that fail over automatically so I'm not sure if just setting the Server and agent services to manual will work?

Can anyone comment on these ideas or know of anything better?

• 2.  RE: Prevent DSeries running jobs on startup.

Posted Jun 10, 2019 03:36 PM
    In the \conf folder of the install directory you can put a file in called runonce.properties with the following content:

start.type=quiesce

The next time DE starts (and only the next time) it will begin in a quiesced state and nothing will run.

• 3.  RE: Prevent DSeries running jobs on startup.

Posted Jun 10, 2019 03:36 PM
    More information available here:

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/kb/what-happens-when-the-ca-workload-automation-de-dseries-schedulertimer-is-cold-started/kb000012076