DX NetOps

• 1.  IfInErrors Counter Alarm generation over all Interfaces

Posted May 24, 2019 06:02 AM

Hello,

is there any posibility to get CA Spectrum to make an generell alarm when it sees interface errors ?

I can query the ifinError mib counter but don't know how i could make a general event or alarm to monitor this type of errors.

Can anybody help me with this ?

greetings

rob

• 2.  Re: IfInErrors Counter Alarm generation over all Interfaces

Posted May 24, 2019 07:39 AM

Hi Rob,

I am not 100% sure, but I think that if you create a Watch using delta for these attributes (ifInErrors - 0x11319 and ifOutErrors - 0x11321) and mark it as inheritable using the model type "Gen_IF_Port" it should apply to all ports.

Let me know if you need a hand with the Watch itself.

Regards,

Zacchi

• 3.  Re: IfInErrors Counter Alarm generation over all Interfaces

Posted May 24, 2019 08:15 AM

Rob,

Why not use the out of the box thresholding for %Errors?

If you want to apply the thresholds globally, you can use the Attribute Editor by doing the following:

1. Use the Locator to run a search to find ALL port models

2. Select all models in the Results tab

3. Right mouse click on one highlighted model and select Utilities -> Attribute Editor from the list

4. Move the Error thresholds to the right, set the threshold values and check the "Set As Default" check box.

5. Click Apply

This will set the thresholds for all the port models selected in the Results tab and then set these values as the default value when new port models are created.

You can use a SpectroWATCH as Zacchi suggested. However, SpectroWATCHes are very expensive for CPU and memory. Port models will by far be the most models in your database. Setting a watch on too many models can and will cause SpectroSERVER performance issues.

Joe