AnsweredAssumed Answered

EPAgent and Metric IDS

Question asked by craru02 on Aug 4, 2011
Does the EPAgent have a limitation for two connections to it.
I have no trouble connecting two feeds to it but when i try the third it never shows up as connected.
If i stop one of the other ones then the THIRD connection as above pops in.
To get around this i have started two EPAgents and one hhas two feeds and the other 1.
I just need to know if this is a limitation and if not what do i change?

Also i see these messages in the Enterrprise Manager log -

[ERROR] [Carver data management] [Manager] Smartstor reperiodize task skipped unknown metric ID 4294971740
[ERROR] [Carver data management] [Manager] Smartstor reperiodize task skipped unknown metric ID 4294971745
[ERROR] [Carver data management] [Manager] Smartstor reperiodize task skipped unknown metric ID 4294971752
[ERROR] [Carver data management] [Manager] Smartstor reperiodize task skipped unknown metric ID 4294971766

I have listed my metadata file so i can read it via the script provided but i cant tell whats what.
I searched the output file for the metric numbers above and they werent there.
Also do these disappear in time. Steve Maurer suggested that maybe i edited the metada file. The only thing
i can remember is maybe i opened it using notepad and closing it again. When i do metric removals using Smartstor tools i
do the following -

1. I run my command and see that what i want removed is removed via teh command box listing.
2. I then proceed to Introscope/data directory and delete all the .data files, archive directory and the metadata file.
I then replace the above with what i see in my Removals directory which is what the database looks like after my removals.

Should I be deleting the .spool file as well?

Could what i do above cause these dud metrics to surface? How do i search and destroey these, or do they just disappear in time.
I am using strictly default settings for Tier 1 and Tier whatever rules.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Outcomes