Clarity

• 1.  Portlet link to timesheet

Posted Aug 05, 2011 05:56 AM
    I would like to be able to click through from an entry in a timesheet list portlet I'm building, to a specific timesheet, by clicking on an image displayed in the returned record.

I've dynamically created a URL in my query, which gives me something like this
    http://clarity/niku/app?action=timeadmin.editTimesheet&id&resid=5015923&tpid=5000263
    which works when I paste it into the address bar, but as timesheets don't appear as a link option for the query attribute I can't simply append that to an image field in my portlet :sad:

I've seen entries here talking about a HTML portlet but I'd like something which is resource/period specific within this portlet. Any ideas?

Thanks

Owen

• 2.  RE: Portlet link to timesheet
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 05, 2011 02:05 AM
    The "URL redirection" stuff posted by Paul Maxwell (maxad) a while back will solve this for you I think;

That thread contains the source code for a "helper" page / portlet that handles the redirection to "any" URL you can produce - so you can build your own portlets (constructing the URL as a piece of text) and link off to that helper page/portlet and BINGO!

• 3.  RE: Portlet link to timesheet

Posted Aug 05, 2011 06:26 AM
    We have the similar post available for the cost plan link from the project page.

• 4.  RE: Portlet link to timesheet

Posted Aug 05, 2011 06:46 AM
    Bingo indeed - I'll shout "house" at this point as this is exactly what I wanted. Knew I'd seen something on here that would help but just couldn't find it.

Thanks Dave and kudos to Paul for posting the original thread.

Owen