Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Query Behind a portlet

• 1.  Query Behind a portlet

Posted May 27, 2010 09:20 AM
    How can we see a query behind a portlet. we run clarity on SQL Sever and is trace only the way to know it?

Appreciate any kind of assistance on this

• 2.  RE: Query Behind a portlet

Posted May 27, 2010 09:55 AM
    This post was raised by me. I had to use my managers logon.
    I have a new ID now... Hurray....

• 3.  RE: Query Behind a portlet

Posted May 27, 2010 11:25 AM
    Hi,

For Query type portlet, you can find the query from NSQL which is applicable for custom portlets not System portlets. Sql Trace is right method, to find the query

Thanks
    Senthil.

• 4.  RE: Query Behind a portlet

Posted May 27, 2010 01:28 PM
    Right. Its not a system query and its not a sql within the queries section.
    The source is Business Intelligence.

• 5.  RE: Query Behind a portlet

Posted May 27, 2010 03:45 PM
    Would you please elaborate on the source being Business Intelligence.

My understanding is that when you create a portlet you pick the data provider from a list which has queries and system data providers and Business intelligence is a tag with which you differentiate your portlet.

With MS SQL server you can use the profiler which will provide more information on database activity than the SQL trace.

Martti K.

• 6.  RE: Query Behind a portlet

Posted Jun 04, 2010 03:43 PM
    Do you mind me asking which portlet it is? I have had to do a lot of research on this type of thing myself and might have the answer for you.

• 7.  RE: Query Behind a portlet

Posted Jun 10, 2010 12:02 PM
    Like take the team detail portelt which brings in the actuals by time scale. This is the portlet under Projects-> Team> Details.

This is a system portlet that came when Clarity was intalled. Im sure there is a bug with this portlet as the montly actuals dont sum to the totals.

• 8.  RE: Query Behind a portlet

Posted Jun 13, 2010 08:05 AM
    There have been report problems with the out of the box times scaled portlets.
    They use the system slices and the may get corrupted. That would not explain the aggregation problem.

There's been some discussion on that before

See

Team Details Records

If the link does not work (most likely) search for the topic.

You can try to put the trace on. It might give the queries even if the dataprovider is a system provider. My understanding is that eg for Weekly detail you can get some of the queries.

Martti K.

• 9.  RE: Query Behind a portlet

Posted Oct 30, 2012 03:02 PM
    Hi Marti and Team,
    I have a requirement where i have to change the query the which this team details portlet is using .Basically i need to change the time slices table which is used in this query so that the user can see the two years old data .i have created a timeslice and need to include the same and change the existing one .How can achieve this as i m unable to see the query to edit .I can see the query from SQL trace but cannot do chances in that so as to reflect in the portlet.
    Could you guide me further.

Regards,
    Supriya chakraborty

• 10.  RE: Query Behind a portlet

Posted Oct 30, 2012 04:22 PM
    What is the query you get the the trace?
    You cannot change the Team Detail because that is an object view.
    Your options are to create a new portlet either based on Team allocations of a query.
    If you base it on Team allocations that will automatically take the system slices for the timescaled fields. The system slices are not user configurable and will not display two years of data.
    See
    Resource Planning>Allocations>Weekly Details - Time Scale Values - ISSUES

With a query based portlet you can use the user configurable timeslices and can configure them to cover the required time range if your hardware performance can handle that.

The query would be something like in thread
    Team Details Records

SELECT s.slice_date period, p.id prjID, p.code prjCode, t.prresourceid rscID, t.team_uid rscCode, t.prroleid rscRoleID, s.slice hrs FROM prj_blb_slicerequests pbs, prj_blb_slices s, prteam t, inv_investments p WHERE pbs.field = 4 AND s.slice_request_id = pbs.id AND s.prj_object_id = t.prid AND t.prprojectid = p.id AND s.slice_date >= TO_DATE('20090101','yyyyMMdd') AND s.slice_date pbs.request_name = 'MONTHLYRESOURCEALLOCCURVE'
    for each column.

There are examples in
    How to build custom grid portlet with time-scaled values?

and at the end a way to get the column labels, too.

Martti K.

• 11.  RE: Query Behind a portlet

Posted Jun 21, 2010 07:01 PM
    Hello Karthik

I had problems with that information before, but it seemed that it was a bad configuration on the time slices. Have you considered considered to re-configure your time slices ?.

Hope it helps, Regards

Rafa

• 12.  RE: Query Behind a portlet

Posted May 27, 2010 11:23 AM
    It depends on the portlet you want to view the source for. If the portlet is a System portlet with a System Provider as a Source, then even a SQL Trace would not be much helpful.

If the portlet source is a query, which is available under the Queries Tab in Clarity Studio (Admin Side), all you need to do is Preview the query to get a (readable) SQL Server format.

~D

• 13.  RE: Query Behind a portlet

Posted Jun 25, 2010 06:06 AM
    Not sure this thread should be a "STICKY"! :unsure:

• 14.  RE: Query Behind a portlet

Posted Jul 07, 2010 12:13 PM
    Hey Dave,

Not sure why it is. I have "un-stickied".

Thanks,
    Chris