DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  How to set up Wily to monitor a standalone Java application?

Posted Aug 28, 2011 08:46 AM
    After I wrote the profile and relavant pbd files and start up my standalone Java application, the java agent could be started up and connected to the Enterprise Manager succsessfully, but in the work station navigator, when I clicked the superdomain, "no application in this agent" was displayed. Besides, I could get any information about pbd files I worte in the autoprobe.log. It looks those pbd files didn't work. Can anyone tell me what are mandatory pbd files for standalong Java applications or give me some example about how to write pbd files for standalone Java applications?Thanks.

• 2.  RE: How to set up Wily to monitor a standalone Java application?

Posted Aug 30, 2011 01:42 PM
    Hi Kate,
    did you checked the Agent log out? Could you send us the log content?

Regards,
    Alexandre

• 3.  RE: How to set up Wily to monitor a standalone Java application?

Posted Aug 31, 2011 05:38 AM
    Kate,

If you can see messages that it is connecting to EM, it may be a pbd issue. You may have selected the wrong classes to monitor, or maybe you just had a package or name wrong.

First thing: (in a non-prod environment, of course) set agent logs to debug
    Second: Set your pbd to monitor *.* (all) classes.

This way you'll be able to see what's going on with your agent/configuration.

Hope it helps

• 4.  RE: How to set up Wily to monitor a standalone Java application?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2011 05:41 PM
    If you have some sort of syntax issue within your PBDs or agent profile, this will show up in the AutoProbe.log.
    Check to for any errors and correct them.
    You can also download the PBD Syntax Checker from the Document Library. This process will help to ensure your PBD syntax is correct before deploying.

• 5.  RE: How to set up Wily to monitor a standalone Java application?

Posted Sep 26, 2011 12:17 PM
    Hi Kate,
    Did any of the replies help answer your question? If so, please check the "Marked as Accepted Solution" box on the reply or replies that helped you.
    Thanks,
    Mary