Dave

OT : Problems / Features / Tricks with the new message board

Discussion created by Dave on Jun 8, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 12, 2010 by Dave
I thought it might be useful to have a thread to collect people's "problems" / "comments" / "other" with the new message board software.

I have looked for a "feedback forum" like the old-boards, but to now the only feedback I am invited to give is by sending an email to support, that isn't very collaborative and I can't see any problems any other people are having?

I reaise that under "CA CLARITY Global User Community" is not the most appropriate place for this, but I don't see elsewhere to post it! If a CA-mod wants to please move/delete this thread and advise us of the best way to provide feedback! :happy

Here we go then;

#1 Attachments on threads from the "old board" do not appear in the migrated threads in the new board

#2 Links in old threads to other threads are lost (so the old thread now becomes unreadable as its reference has been lost)

#3 The thread index no longer easily identifies threads with new activity (I used to find that feature really useful)

#4 The community "timeout" seems erratic - it seems to sign me out even when I am still active (this might just be me!)

#5 When the community has timed-me-out, often when I relogin again I can not do so without closing my browser (Firefox)

#6 Search "seems" erratic - I don't get error messages but it seems not to find stuff I know is there

(But generally its an improvement, especially the integration with the user-groups! I don't want to seem like I'm just complaining! :grin: )

--

Any other comments / observations? :huh:

Outcomes