Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Transfer of Actuals / Transactions

• 1.  Transfer of Actuals / Transactions

Posted Sep 02, 2011 12:40 AM
    Scenario -

There are 2 projects - A & B. We need to transfer the actuals (26 hrs - filled for the month of April) / transactions from project A to B for a resource R

We did the following -

Created 6 -ve voucher transactions on project A (totalling 26 Hrs - for the date Aug 10, 2011), and 1 +ve transaction of 26 Hrs on project B (for the date Aug 10, 2011).

What we now see is that 26 hours are posted on project B for August (visible for Aug 2011).

However, the 26 hours on project A are still visible on Team > Detail. Also, on the dashboard tab of project A, the actuals are still visible, and they cannot be seen on the dashboard tab of project B

Am I missing something here ?

A quick response would be much appreciated.

NJ

• 2.  RE: Transfer of Actuals / Transactions

Posted Sep 02, 2011 05:43 AM
    Did you run

Import Financial Actuals Job
    This job updates task assignments with actuals entered in financial transactions and WIP
    adjustments. The assignment ETC is decremented through the transaction entry date (as
    in a Fixed Loading Pattern). ETC in the future is not decremented even if the amount of
    actuals is greater than the amount of ETC in the time period being posted.

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: Transfer of Actuals / Transactions

Posted Sep 02, 2011 02:28 AM
    Thanks for the response Martti.

Yes, I did run the said job. However, the 26 hours is still showing for the month of April

• 4.  RE: Transfer of Actuals / Transactions
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 07, 2011 12:36 PM
    NJ,

Yes, you are missing a couple of steps. You need to correct/adjust the timesheets of the staff member(s) to move the hours from project A to project B. Voucher transactions don't take care of it and now will probably cause an issue. When you do the correction timesheets and get them approved and posted, correction financial transactions are automatically created and just need to be posted and processed.

Ruthann

• 5.  RE: Transfer of Actuals / Transactions

Posted Sep 13, 2011 12:20 AM
    Ruthann has a great point: if the transactions originate from timesheets, it is best to make adjustment via timesheet adjustment and not WIP adjustments :)

• 6.  RE: Transfer of Actuals / Transactions

Posted Sep 12, 2011 01:29 PM
    Hi NJ,

Did Ruthann's information help you resolve? If so please mark the post as Accepted Solution.

Thanks!
    Chris

• 7.  RE: Transfer of Actuals / Transactions

Posted Sep 12, 2011 05:17 PM
    I've done a couple of tests with WIP adjustments and they work just fine.

When the actual quantity was changed in the adjustment the actuals show in assignment properties and Clarity were changed accordingly.
    You can also create a WIP adjustment so that the actuals (and cost) are transferred to another investment. That worked just fine and the actuals were displayed for other proejct.

In both cases the actuals appeared after the Import financial transactions job had been run, not before.

I think the problem was that there were negative entries and those are not properly handled.

Adjustment timeentries only work when there is a change in the actuals. Otherwise they will not create any changes actuals or in transactions either.

I can appreciate that April was a long time ago and most likely closed for accounting so the original timesheets could not be adjusted, but new ones had to be created.
    Even with a WIP adjustment you can change the date as well. I did not try how that would have worked for an older transaction. My transaction dates were last week.

Martti K.

• 8.  RE: Transfer of Actuals / Transactions

Posted Sep 13, 2011 12:17 AM
    Hi NJ,
    "There are 2 projects - A & B. We need to transfer the actuals (26 hrs - filled for the month of April) / transactions from project A to B for a resource R"

=> the 26 on project A, are the transaction date all April 10?

If not then that is the cause.

To have actuals backed out on project after processing a transaction with negative quantity, there must be existing postive actuals that is equal or greater than the absolute value of you negative quantity, on the SAME transaction date.

For instance -

There are these existing actuals: 5 on April 2, and 6 on April 20, visible through 'Create WIP Adjustment' page.

scenario A:
    Create a transaction entry with quantity of -11 on April 15, submit, approve, run Import Financial Actuals job

What will happen is that the total quantity as you view from places like cost plans, will be 0 for the month of April because financial plans use fiscal time periods that are not daily; however, the project actuals as you view from the task or assignment properties page, will be 11 because the -11 was entered NOT on a day where there are +11 to offset from, and that project actual curve goes by calendar date. The project 'side' simply ignore this -11

Scenario B:
    Create a transaction entry with quantity of -11 on April 2, submit, etc.

You will have 0 actuals for the fiscal month of April as seen in financial plans; 6 for project actuals because only 5 actuals got backed out. The remaining -5 is discarded.

Scenario C:
    Create a transaction entry with quantity of -11 on April 20, submit, etc.

You will have 0 actuals for the fiscal month of April as seen in financial plans; 5 for project actuals because only 6 actuals got backed out. The remaining -6 is discarded

• 9.  RE: Transfer of Actuals / Transactions

Posted Sep 16, 2011 12:44 AM
    Hi Connie

Thanks for the response.

We have managed to remove the actuals from the old project, after rebooking the actuals from old to new project.

However, the problem is that there are financial hours that are reflecting on the project ('cause of the Import Financial Job).

How can we remove the financial hours ?

A quick response would be much appreciated.

Regards
    NJ

• 10.  RE: Transfer of Actuals / Transactions

Posted Sep 16, 2011 09:39 AM
    You could try those -ve Voucher transactions again, because now there is something to remove.

What exactly are financial hours?

Martti K.

• 11.  RE: Transfer of Actuals / Transactions

Posted Sep 16, 2011 12:48 PM
    "However, the problem is that there are financial hours that are reflecting on the project ('cause of the Import Financial Job)."

the project - the old or the new project?
    financial hours - if you have moved the actuals from one project to another using vouchers, that implies the actuals on the projects look right, or are they still not correct? If not, could it be that negative hours have been entered in your vouchers, and the project actuals did not back out due to transaction date I mentioned in the post earlier?

This may require a deeper look, if you haven't done so, I suggest opening up a new case with Support.

• 12.  RE: Transfer of Actuals / Transactions

Posted Sep 19, 2011 01:47 AM
    "the project - the old or the new project?" - the old project

I can see that the actual hours are gone... But the financial hours still remain

Regards
    NJ

• 13.  RE: Transfer of Actuals / Transactions

Posted Sep 26, 2011 05:50 PM
    Hi NJ,

You might want to open an issue with Support as Connie suggests. If you do please share the outcome with the group.

Thanks!
    Chris