AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom report wont read multi-value parameters

Question asked by mickloeb on Jun 16, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2010 by mickloeb
I established a SQL Server view and used this to build up the data foundation and business view with parameters. I designed a report in Crystal Reports with three multi-select parameters. using the business view. I imported the report into the InfoView staging area. It all ran beautifully until I imported it from InfoView into Clarity v12.

I created the report in Clarity v12 as well as the three parameters, and was careful to link the report and parameters with the names used in InfoView. When I use single value text lookup objects for the parameters, I get a successful run. However, as soon as I set one or more of the parameters to a single or mult-select pull-down or browse lookup types, the report returns 0 records. I have tried to make this as simple as possible by entering a static list of parameter values into the parameter lookup tables, with no success.

I contacted Clarity support but they would not assist since this is a custom report. I have read through this blog and found one article discussing mult-select parameters but that did not help. With little documentation out there to guide me, I am hoping that someone who has experienced this issue would assist.

Thanks,
Frustrated in Phoenix

Outcomes