AnsweredAssumed Answered

Resource (General) page: how to display info from secondary page?

Question asked by Alex_Feldstein on Sep 15, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 22, 2012 by Dave
Searched in the boards but did not find an answer.

Here is what I need to do:

The Resource page (using Resource object) shows a bunch of information that the users see as R/O.

One page I see (and they don't) is a secondary page called "Financial" which is a sub-tab of the main properties Tab in the front (home) end. In that page I can enter some pieces of information such as:
[list]
[*]Financial Location
[*]Financial Department
[*]Resource Class
[*]Transaction Class
[*]Vendor
[list]

I do not know how much of this is custom-made or standard-Clarity (before my time here). I would like to copy that information (read-only) for the users to see in the first (General) properties page for the resource as that is what they are asking for.

I can find the "General' page in the Resource Object but I cannot find the "Financial" page definition anywhere to take a look at how it is built. Where is it?

I know the data is kept in PAC_MNT_RESOURCES. For example, I can query the pertinent data for myself as in this quick example:

[font=Courier New]
SELECT r.FULL_NAME,
pmr.LOCATIONID,
pmr.DEPARTCODE
FROM srm_resources r
INNER JOIN PAC_MNT_RESOURCES pmr
ON r.ID = pmr.id
WHERE r.FULL_NAME LIKE 'felds%'[font]

I can also add ODF_CA_RESOURCE to get any custom attributes for the resource object.

How can I add these five pieces of information (fields, attributes) listed above and display them in the Resource->Properties->Main (General) page so they can see their information and not have to constantly ask?

Alex

Outcomes