DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Free pass to CA World

Posted Sep 21, 2011 04:31 PM
    The CA Wily User Global Community is announcing a contest where the winner will receive a free pass to CA World. The four board members of the CA Wily Global Community will decide the winner of the contest. To be enter the contest, please upload either a document outlining a presentation proposal to be delivered at a future WGUC webcast or a Wily utility you have developed which can be used by the community.
    To upload the files you can go to the "Contest" directory in our Document library https://communities.ca.com/web/ca-wily-global-user-community/document-library/-/document_library/view/52777536?&#p_20 and then upload either your presentation or the tool into the appropriate sub directory.

The deadline for entries is 11:59pm, PDT, September 30th. We will post the winner on the community site by end of the day Friday October 7th and send an email to the person as well.
    Good Luck,
    The WGUC Board

• 2.  RE: Free pass to CA World

Posted Sep 30, 2011 07:35 PM
      |   view attached
    Guys,
    I didn't miss the deadline: The Document Library's uploader don't let me send any files:

[color=#dd1515]New Document
    Document names must end with one of the following extensions: .bmp, .css, .doc, .docx, .dot, .gif, .gz, .htm, .html, .jpg, .js, .lar, .odb, .odf, .odg, .odp, .ods, .odt, .pdf, .png, .ppt, .pptx, .rtf, .swf, .sxc, .sxi, .sxw, .tar, .tiff, .tgz, .txt, .wmv, .vsd, .xls, .xlsx, .xml, .zip, .zipx, .jrxml, .rpt.[color]

So I'm posting it here instead.

Extending Introscope: Why, when and how!

A Serie of hands on tutorials showing how to easily extend CA Wily Introscope's capabilities and meet all your bussinesses requirements.

Why, when and how:
    - Write a useful Calculator (JavaScript)

Sometimes you just need another way to visualize the same metric
    - Create your own EPA (Environment Performance Agent)

Imagine if you could push all that data to only one place.
    - Develop a simple (but effective) NameFormatter.

Get a better understand of your data grouping it the way you need.
    - Integrate Introscope to an unsupported Monitoring / Incident Management System

Several tools to check out at the same time? That time is over.

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Free pass to CA World

Posted Oct 19, 2011 03:25 AM
    I have developed SimpleCMDB tool and uploaded it to Document Library before deadline.

Description of SimpleCMDB:
    This software creates simple Configuration Management Database to support Configuration and Asset Management process (ITIL).
    SimpleCMDB contains automated builded and updated database of IT Services and relations to IT Components.
    This is addition to CA Wily APM and uses data from AppMap extension.

Did you choose the winner of the contest already ?

Regards
    Michal