Clarity

• 1.  Resource Finder - Question on Availability and Allocations

Posted Sep 23, 2011 05:35 AM
    Greetings,

I'm attempting to use the resource finder to determine when resources are able to work on a given project. My question is as follows:

Does the resource availability check take into consideration:

1. Only resource availability based on the working / non-working days on the resource's calendar

or

2. Resource availability base on the resource calendar in addition to hard allocation on other investments?

Ideally, I would like to be able to search for a resource whom I can allocate to a project based on their calendar and hard allocations. This, however, does not appear to be the method that the algorithm uses to determine availability.

Thanks,
    John.

• 2.  RE: Resource Finder - Question on Availability and Allocations
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 23, 2011 08:46 AM
    Hi,

It does look at the first answer you gave but, the Availability Score is calculated based on 6 factors.

Basic-- The raw amount of time a user is available without any considerations
    Variable- the higher score represents the amount of resource availability
    Tapering- the amount of time a resource is available after investment completion
    Integral Calculation- the longer a resource is continuously available without interruption, the higher the returned score
    Rate- The percentage of each day the resource is available during the investment
    Priority- if the resource is currently hard booked on a investment regardless of investment priority, the user will be returned in the search as if they are hard booked.

There is a filter that states include soft booked resources so that should be unchecked for you.

I hope this helps, I was given this information during a CA Boot Camp training I attended.

Thanks
    Tammi

• 3.  RE: Resource Finder - Question on Availability and Allocations

Posted Mar 29, 2012 03:39 PM
    Is there a calculation behind the availability percentage? We can't make sense of that percentage match.

• 4.  RE: Resource Finder - Question on Availability and Allocations

Posted Sep 27, 2011 01:04 PM
    Hi John,

Did Tammi's information help answer your questions? If so please mark post as Accepted Solution.

Thanks!
    Chris