Clarity

• 1.  Aborting and deleting process instances

Posted Jun 24, 2010 01:32 PM
    Hi,

We have a bunch of process instances that are in the "Aborting" status. They do not leave that status and we are not able to delete them because of that.

Is there any way to force them to go to Cancelled state? or just delete them?

Thanks,

Fabricio

• 2.  RE: Aborting and deleting process instances

Posted Jun 24, 2010 06:42 PM
    Hello Fabricio

Some times when your processes are on an "aborting" state for too long, it is a symptom of an underlying problem with your Background service. It could be that your system is having a lot of load, or maybe there are a another problem there.

Did you check the Process engine on your environment?, is it having a lot of load?, its status is running?

Please let us know of this.

regards

Rafa

• 3.  RE: Aborting and deleting process instances
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 25, 2010 07:00 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for your response.
    Since I had more then 55k processes instances I guess that was causing the background server to fail when trying to abort instances.
    I ran the "Delete processes instances" job and it took a while but it did clear all the "Done" process instances and then I was able to abort and delete the rest.
    I would say that the amount of process instances does affect the background server ability to abort/delete new process instances. Not sure why though.

I hope this helps others in the future.

Thansk,
    Fabricio

• 4.  Re: Aborting and deleting process instances

Posted May 30, 2016 07:04 AM

Hi,

You can try the JMX console for removing the process forcibly.

Thanks

Paneendra