Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

How to read allocation segments

• 1.  How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 18, 2011 07:30 AM
    How do I get the allocation segments?

When I xog out a project with allocations I get the segments where the allocation is different from the default.
    How do I get the segments where the allocation is the default? (Without calculating that outside Clarity)

There is just one booking status for the resource with values corresponding to soft, hard and mixed.
    How do I find out which segment is soft and which is hard if it is mixed?

If I query prteam there is just one record for each project and resource with one start and finish for availability and hard allocation.
    The segments are in blobs which are sliced, but if the segments are mixed the slice tables don't have a field for that.
    Is there any other way than to use the daily, weekly or monthly ALC and HARDALC which are system configured?

Just wondering why the availability start is blank in many record while there always is a finish value.

Tech ref says about PRTEAM:PRSTATU
    The request status used for adding a resource to the project team. Possible values are:

Open
    Closed

The actual values are 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
    What might they correspond to?

Martti K.

• 2.  RE: How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 18, 2011 03:44 AM

another_martink wrote:

How do I get the segments where the allocation is the default? (Without calculating that outside Clarity)
    I think you just have to "work it out"!

(and I don't really know about your other Q's with regard to mixed booking - I've never tried it :sad)

• 3.  RE: How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 18, 2011 10:07 AM
    The request status used for adding a resource to the project team. Possible values are:

Open
    Closed

The actual values are 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
    What might they correspond to?

That's actually -

0 = Closed
    1 = Open
    2 = Proposed
    3 = Approved
    4 = Booked
    5 = New

Check the Request Status in Team Object

NJ

• 4.  RE: How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 18, 2011 10:54 AM
    Thanks.
    Then it has nothing to do with the allocation hard or soft. Too bad.

Martti K.

• 5.  RE: How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 18, 2011 04:58 PM
    Still wondering....

When reading the project with include allocations set to true the soft allocation segments come for each resource.
    At the end of the resource section there is

<SkillAssocs/>
    </Resource>
    </Resources>
    <Allocations/>

How do you get data after the Allocations tag? and what kind of data is that?
    That is not in the sample files and not in the integration guide either.

Martti K.

• 6.  RE: How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 11, 2012 09:56 AM
    Hi!

Did you ever figure this out? I have a requirement where we have a nightly job that searches for Team Records and changes the Project Role if the Project Role is not the same as the Primary Role for the resource on the team. When I XOG in the new primary role, ALL segments are cleared out (not what I want).

So, I either have to find a way not to clear out the segments OR query for the segment data and XOG it in with the Project Role.

Cheers!

Feras

• 7.  RE: How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 11, 2012 10:24 AM
    Never got any further than that.
    What I am after is to be able to enter allocation in hours and see how much that is in percent. IMy recollection is that I can enter allocations in hours on resource allocation portlet in edit mode or a custom portlet with team allocation as data provider. But neither is query based so you cannot get the data with XOG query API, though you can export to Excel.

There is some xog option which will xog out the allocation data, but I do not recall which one thats There may be a reference to that in the thread copying blobs.
    For my purposes that did not give the segments and their percentages or hours clearly enough.

The copying blobs was an approach to see if the allocation blob can be copied to a TSV attribute. They have the advantage over allocations that the time scale is not limited to the system slices, but the blobs are cracked in the fly and you get data for any timeperiod if it is there.

For etnering allocation in hours Resource allocation is just fine. When you enter data the segments are created or overwritten with the new data if they exist.
    The beauty of that is that you can write data also outside the the system slices.
    Allocations are cracked by default to the systemslices and if you are outside them you get the error The timeperiods requested do not exist.
    However, that is only when the data is displayed. When the data is entered through edit mode the slices are not used, but the data is written "trough the blobcracker" directly to the blobs.

Martti K.

• 8.  RE: How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 11, 2012 10:51 AM

ferask1 wrote:

OR query for the segment data and XOG it in with the Project Role.
    You are not going to be able to find a query to resconstruct the segment information (because of the BLOB nature of the data), but if you read the data via XOG then this will give you the allocation segment information straight away.
    i.e. XOG "out" your project / resource data, and use that resulting XML as the basis of what you are going to XOG "in"

• 9.  RE: How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 11, 2012 01:26 PM
    Yep! That's what I'm going to do after reading other threads. The querying just isn't an option. Now I'm working on how to change one variable in the XOG output so I could XOG it back in.

• 10.  RE: How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 11, 2012 06:17 PM
    Yuo could query the system slices, but the problem is their coverage. The monthly slices cover a year but a segment can change in the middle of a month so you would have to use weekly which have much shorter coverage and again the allocation could change in the middle of week.

Martti K.

• 11.  RE: How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 12, 2012 08:35 AM
    Hi,

F wrote-->
    I have a requirement where we have a nightly job that searches for Team Records and changes the Project Role if the Project Role is not the same as the Primary Role for the resource on the team.

If this is your requirement to re-instate the project role to resource primary role then considering the complexity of Team object you can write an simple DB DML script with CA Approval (important) and in-corporate in the daily job.
    In addition you can also un-check the -->Allow editing option in Admin- Team object--Attribute Project role (But PM can go and check that option at his project - team -configure-attributes level) as by default it will show the resource primary role only.

cheers,
    sundar

• 12.  RE: How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 12, 2012 08:38 AM
    ^ and I'd remove that 'project role' field from the team pages layout too (since we don't appear to be wanting anyone to use it!)

• 13.  RE: How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 12, 2012 03:29 PM
    Thanks for all the responses everyone!

Dave: We are removing it from the view. :grin:

Sundar: What is a DB DML script? I'd be interested in figuring that out. Currently I'm trying to use a XOG read because of the known difficulties with Allocation Segments/SQL but I'm having issues mapping the correct Primary Roles to the correct Resources while doing the XML Transformation (with XSLT). It's proving to be very hard to map specific values through the transformation on the fly.

I appreciate everyone's help. You keep these threads running! :lol:

Thanks,

Feras

• 14.  RE: How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 15, 2012 06:39 AM
    Feras,

If you are not going to show the attribute itself then no need to do it.

This is the Database - Sql update - oracle.I have provided the sql - update for an resource.Please verify and also get an approval from CA.

update prteam t set t.prroleid = (select prprimaryroleid from prj_resources p where p.prid = t.prresourceid)
    where t.prresourceid=5049848;

cheers,
    sundar

• 15.  RE: How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 17, 2012 08:31 PM
    Hi Feras,

Did the responses provided help answer your questions? If so please mark the appropriate posts as Accepted Solution.

Thanks!
    Chris

• 16.  RE: How to read allocation segments

Posted Oct 24, 2012 04:08 PM
    We are in the process of getting the SQL approved by Clarity! Thanks