Clarity

• 1.  Delete task - Delete Pending Actuals

Posted Oct 25, 2011 11:21 AM
    Hello,
    I need to delete a task that has mistakenly hours in "Pending Actuals".
    Resources have already eliminated their hours on their time sheets but the task still retains the hours of one resource, and that is wrong.
    I want to delete the data from the field "prpendactsum" in "prassigments." manually.
    Will this cause any errors in the future?
    Thanks...

• 2.  RE: Delete task - Delete Pending Actuals
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 25, 2011 03:55 AM
    There is a SQL fix for a pending actuals problem in this TEC article TEC493473

I recall a similar SQL fix for other pending actuals problems in the 7.5.x versions which I applied OK a number of times.

--

As always though, I would suggest that CA support need to direct you to apply such a SQL fix (since that KB article does not really match your situation); so I would raise a case with them.

• 3.  Re: Delete task - Delete Pending Actuals

Posted Jun 24, 2015 05:25 AM

So why can I not find TEC493473 anymore?

That link above just end up "page not found" (and so does typing a "new format" link with the same reference) ; moreover searching for TEC493473 or 493473 on various CA sites does not get any results.

• 4.  Re: Delete task - Delete Pending Actuals

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 24, 2015 05:49 AM

Hi Dave,

This technical document is retired as the bug CLRT-37564  Pending actuals not removed when a task is removed from an unposted timesheet when the project is overwritten by OWB/MSP

is fixed in 13.0

Description:

A task is on an un-posted timesheet with pending actuals. The Project manager then opens the project in OWB and saves the project as an rmp file without retain locks. The PM then tries to save the project back to Clarity over the original project and gets the warning: You are overwriting project NIKU\XXXXX in Clarity with this project. The contents of the Clarity project will be lost. Are you sure you want to continue?

If they answer yes then the original project is purged from Clarity except for tasks with actuals or pending actuals. The tasks with pending actuals are removed from the timesheet, but the pending actuals are not deleted and should be.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Create a project in Clarity
    2. Add a resource
    3. Assign a resource to a task
    4. Create a timesheet and enter time on it for the task
    5. Submit and Approve the timesheet
    6. Open the project in OWB
    7. Save As without retain locks to an rmp file
    8. Close and re-open the rmp file
    9. Save as and select the project in Clarity
    10. Click Ok and you get: You are overwriting project NIKU\XXXXX in Clarity with this project. The contents of the Clarity project will be lost. Are you sure you want to continue?
    11. Answer Yes
    12. View the timesheet and note the task is missing
    13. Open the project back in OWB
    14. Note the task is now under the Deleted Task Phase and has pending actuals.

Expected: The pending actuals to be removed when the task is removed from the timesheet.
    Actual: The task now has pending actuals and is not on a timesheet.

Solution:Workarounds:

1. If the task does not have posted actuals and you want to delete it, then go ahead and delete the task since it is duplicated.

2. If the task has actuals you cannot delete it so below is a query the dba can run which will sync the pending actuals with tasks on un-posted timesheets.
      (be sure to test on a development instance and back up data prior to testing)

Query to fix incorrect pending actuals:

UPDATE prassignment SET prpendactsum = (SELECT SUM (te.practsum) FROM prtimeentry te, prtimesheet ts WHERE te.prassignmentid = prassignment.prid AND ts.prid = te.prtimesheetid AND ts.prstatus < 4 AND ts.pradjustedid IS NULL) WHERE prid IN (      SELECT DISTINCT a1.prid FROM prassignment a1, prj_resources r1, prtask t1 WHERE a1.prresourceid = r1.prid AND r1.prtrackmode = 2 AND r1.prisopen = 1 AND a1.prtaskid = t1.prid AND t1.pristask = 1 AND t1.prismilestone = 0 AND t1.is_open_te = 1)

Status/Resolution: This issue has been documented as CLRT-37564 and fixed in 13.0

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: Delete task - Delete Pending Actuals

Posted Jun 24, 2015 05:56 AM

^ thanks.

I guess my underlying point is that there is going to be a lot of historic links and references on the communities site(s) that refer to (old) KB articles - I think that it is a reasonable expectation that those links should still work even if something has been fixed (indeed the KB articles do often contains that "fixed in v X.X" information. Think I'm saying that articles should NEVER be removed/"retired", otherwise what is the point of us ever referring to a KB article - rather the KB article should just be marked as "retired" (or indeed just "fixed in v X.X" - that is sufficient)

I'll raise this point in the WC though ; the argument doesn't belong here.

EDIT : raised here ; Inaccessible KB content - a problem.

• 6.  Re: Delete task - Delete Pending Actuals

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 24, 2015 05:59 AM

Thanks Dave for the feedback. Let me reach out to the team and will update you.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 7.  RE: Re: Delete task - Delete Pending Actuals

Posted Dec 06, 2019 09:57 AM
    Hi Suman,

We are on 15.3 and did see a similar issue. There are no pending hours for the resource as per timesheets, but the assignment does hold some value in prpendactsum column of prassignment table. Can we use the above query to clear the same ? Also, we could identify the PM as a regular OWB user for scheduling.

Has someone reported this issue is later versions of 13.0 as we did see on 15.3

Thanks,
    Nidhin