Clarity

• 1.  Timesheets not Posting

Posted Jul 15, 2010 12:39 PM
    Hello All,

I am having an issue where timesheets are not being posted after they are approved.
    I understand that the "Post Timesheets" job runs and picks up the approved timesheets for posting to transactions. However, in our case, the job runs, but the approved time sheets are not being posted.

I also noticed that there are two Post Timesheets jobs in the available jobs section. The scheduled "Post Timesheet" job is running at a 15 minute interval and does not look like its failing, although no logs are generated after this job has finished running.

Has anyone else encountered the same issue before?

Any feedback/suggestions would be most welcome.

• 2.  RE: Timesheets not Posting

Posted Jul 16, 2010 01:52 AM
    Hi

Try restarting the BG & App services.

• 3.  RE: Timesheets not Posting

Posted Jul 16, 2010 03:23 AM
    Yes there are two timesheet job definitions, but as far as I understand they run the same thing. So you need to schedule only one.
    There was a post where the problem was that the previous timeperiod was not posted.
    Usually if there is a problem with the job scheduler or the bg service time slicing is the one that gets hit first.
    Restarting the services is usually the cure.
    When it is hard to get jobs going again you can set them to paused after you have stopped the bg service (if that is the one for the job scheduler).
    After restating the service resume the job schedule one by one so that you can see each one completing successfully (you can query the db for that).

The jobs logs were drastically reduced in r8 and in some cases there is nothing the user can do. Recreating the job definition with logging does not do that. My recollection, however, is that for timesheet posting you can get the logging if you recreate the definition.
    Ie. go to admin tool and create a new job with the same settings except for the logging to be enabled.

Martti K.

• 4.  RE: Timesheets not Posting

Posted Jul 16, 2010 10:14 AM
    Just curious. Are those timesheets locked? You'll need to check the database. The script to check is in the CA support site. If not I can email it to you.

• 5.  RE: Timesheets not Posting
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 16, 2010 11:19 AM
    One thing that is very obvious, but I should mention is......

If the timesheets are for this time reporting period, and you do not allow posting of future timesheets, you cannot post until the timeperiod has passed/completed. To fix, you select 'Allow Posting of Future Timesheets'.

Regards,
    Michael

• 6.  RE: Timesheets not Posting

Posted Jul 16, 2010 04:43 PM
    Thanks Mike.

We did not realize the current Timesheet is treated as a future timesheet and we did not have our system enabled for 'Allow Posting of Future Timesheets'.

Enabling this did resolve our "issue" :)

Kart.

• 7.  RE: Timesheets not Posting

Posted Jul 16, 2010 03:15 PM
    Have you checked to see if the timeslice job is running? The timeslices do have to 'pick up' and process the timesheet before the posting job is successful. Is the timesheet in the past or is it current time frame?

Also, depending on what version you are on, we did recently encounter an issue with an approved timesheet not posting in 8.1. There was an error in the log and we were able to get the hot fix from CA. We applied the fix and were able to post it. I can give you further info on the specific error we were receiving in the log if you need it.

• 8.  RE: Timesheets not Posting

Posted May 16, 2012 03:24 PM
    Did you Post WIP?