IDMS

• 1.  CAS/DATA

Posted Mar 08, 2007 02:56 PM
    Hi Listers -

Is there anyone on this planet or one near by that is running CAS/DATA on
    Release 16 ?

I can't get it to work on 16, but it works fine on 14.1.

Since it has changed hands a few times, is it a product that is even
    supported anymore by anybody?

Do I need to box it up and leave it by the curb?

Since it has it's own identically-named proprietary line drivers and a slew
    of include modules for RHDCUXIT, I have to believe that DSECT changes are
    most of my problem and there is no source.

Thanks.
    Jon Gocher
    "
    IDMS Public Discussion Forum
    IDMS-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM
    SMTP
    SMTP

Normal

Normal
    CAS/DATA
    "Hi Listers -

Is there anyone on this planet or one near by that is running CAS/DATA on Release 16 ?

I can't get it to work on 16, but it works fine on 14.1.

Since it has changed hands a few times, is it a product that is even supported anymore by anybody?

Do I need to box it up and leave it by the curb?

Since it has it's own identically-named proprietary line drivers and a slew of include modules for RHDCUXIT, I have to believe that DSECT changes are most of my problem and there is no source.

Thanks.
    Jon Gocher
    "
    IDMS Public Discussion Forum
    SMTP
    SMTP

Normal

Normal
    Re: CAS/DATA
    "A disassembler likely won't help with control block changes as it's unlikely to generate source that references DSECTs.

Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 08:07:14 -0500> From: John.Doneker@BAESYSTEMS.COM> Subject: Re: CAS/DATA> To: IDMSVENDOR-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM> > Hi Jon, how have you been?=20> > For what it's worth we have CAS running fine (with some minor hiccups> from time to time) on 15.0 SP5.> We have a very old CAS application - 1.x.=20> > When I upgraded from 14.0 there were CAS macro's that I had to assemble.> > The instructions were to assemble some of the programs like csytbl and> csyclas, I think. Those are not the exact names but something like them.> > Without source I do not think you can upgrade, but I think there is an> IBM program that takes an assembler load module and will deconvert it> back into source for you. You may have to talk to your IBM systems> programmer about that, I do not know the name of it.=20> > CAS is supported by the company CA sold it to. Again, I forget the name> of it. No doubt a Google search will bring it up. But in order to get> their support you have to start paying maintenance for them to begin> looking at a CAS issue of any kind. =20> >