ca.portal.admin

CAS/DATA

Discussion created by ca.portal.admin on Mar 8, 2007
Hi Listers -

Is there anyone on this planet or one near by that is running CAS/DATA on
Release 16 ?

I can't get it to work on 16, but it works fine on 14.1.

Since it has changed hands a few times, is it a product that is even
supported anymore by anybody?

Do I need to box it up and leave it by the curb?

Since it has it's own identically-named proprietary line drivers and a slew
of include modules for RHDCUXIT, I have to believe that DSECT changes are
most of my problem and there is no source.

Thanks.
Jon Gocher
"
IDMS Public Discussion Forum
IDMS-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM
SMTP
SMTP

Normal

Normal
CAS/DATA
"Hi Listers -

Is there anyone on this planet or one near by that is running CAS/DATA on Release 16 ?

I can't get it to work on 16, but it works fine on 14.1.

Since it has changed hands a few times, is it a product that is even supported anymore by anybody?

Do I need to box it up and leave it by the curb?

Since it has it's own identically-named proprietary line drivers and a slew of include modules for RHDCUXIT, I have to believe that DSECT changes are most of my problem and there is no source.

Thanks.
Jon Gocher
"
SMTP
SMTP

Normal

Normal
Re: CAS/DATA
"A disassembler likely won't help with control block changes as it's unlikely to generate source that references DSECTs.

Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 08:07:14 -0500> From: John.Doneker@BAESYSTEMS.COM> Subject: Re: CAS/DATA> To: IDMSVENDOR-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM> > Hi Jon, how have you been?=20> > For what it's worth we have CAS running fine (with some minor hiccups> from time to time) on 15.0 SP5.> We have a very old CAS application - 1.x.=20> > When I upgraded from 14.0 there were CAS macro's that I had to assemble.> > The instructions were to assemble some of the programs like csytbl and> csyclas, I think. Those are not the exact names but something like them.> > Without source I do not think you can upgrade, but I think there is an> IBM program that takes an assembler load module and will deconvert it> back into source for you. You may have to talk to your IBM systems> programmer about that, I do not know the name of it.=20> > CAS is supported by the company CA sold it to. Again, I forget the name> of it. No doubt a Google search will bring it up. But in order to get> their support you have to start paying maintenance for them to begin> looking at a CAS issue of any kind. =20> > -----Original Message-----> From: IDMS Public Discussion Forum [mailTo:IDMS-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM]> On Behalf Of Jon Gocher> Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 10:56 PM> To: IDMS-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM> Subject: CAS/DATA> > Hi Listers -> > Is there anyone on this planet or one near by that is running CAS/DATA> on Release 16 ?> > I can't get it to work on 16, but it works fine on 14.1.> > Since it has changed hands a few times, is it a product that is even> supported anymore by anybody?> > Do I need to box it up and leave it by the curb?> > Since it has it's own identically-named proprietary line drivers and a> slew of include modules for RHDCUXIT, I have to believe that DSECT> changes are most of my problem and there is no source.> > Thanks.> Jon Gocher=20
SMTP
SMTP

Normal

Normal
Re: SQL Option overhead
"Sam,

As you say, the SQL option can be used in a number of ways. Asking how
it performs in general is like asking how IDMS, CICS, or COBOL batch
performs in general. It all depends on what you are doing, how you are
doing it, and how much CPU is available.

We have quite a bit of experience here using the SQL option in various
ways in production. I might be able to answer your question if you can
narrow it down. What exactly do you hope to accomplish using the SQL
option, and how are you doing it today (if you are doing it today)?

Outcomes