ca.portal.admin

Re:DMCL JCL

Discussion created by ca.portal.admin on May 10, 2007
Hello all,
I've been asked to build two new IDMS regions for a new and expanding database. It has been years since I've built a new IDMS region from scratch so I need some assistence with my memory. Obviously I will need a new DMCL before I can do just about anything. I usually don't build the DMCL in our environment. The application folks do that and the JCL they have is only for CV mode they have no examples of creating a DMCL in local mode. All I want to do is create a generic DMCL with the input included in the R160DMCL member of PPOPTION. Does anyone have an example of the JCL needed to create a new DMCL in local mode that they would be willing to share with me

Thanks for your help and suggestions

Brian Davis
DBMS Technical Support
mailTo:davis.bj@mellon.com

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.
Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein by any other person is not authorized.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.(17b)

Disclaimer Version MB.US.1
"
IDMS Public Discussion Forum
IDMS-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM
SMTP
SMTP

Normal

Normal
Re: DMCL JCL
"In the installation SAMPJCL library you have JOB11 which does the allocation of the base and JOB12 which does the DMCL.

HTH
Rene.

Outcomes