IDMS-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM
SMTP
SMTP

Normal

Normal
"Clarification on CMMT, for those interested"
"CMMT (Cross Memory Master Terminal) was 'freeware' given out by InnerAccess Technologies, who were bought out by NEON in 2004, who were bought out by DataDirect. This was a nice simple monitor that was external to IDMS. Thus if the CV locked up, in most cases find out who or what was causing the issue, and you could cancel via CMMT the task or programs that was causing SOS or Storage lockups, even though you could not get to the CV directly via CICS or TSO.

My problem, on installing ZOS 1.9 and setting a Keystate of 4 for IDMS, CMMT no longer will work. I followed the instructions that came with CMMT but alias it still abends.

With ""CMMT"" you could externally look at:
AREAS, BUFFERS, DBNAMES, Destination, Files, Lines, Terminal, Memory (and update of memory), Dis Multitasking(Subtask), your Nucleus load addresses, Program PPT entries, Programs called, Printer, Pterminals, Pterminals, Resources (actively running ""and enable canceling), and display Storage pools, RUN-UNIT, System Stats, and Tasks

Edward A. Timm
Sallie Mae, Senior Database Analyst
ETIMM@salliemae.com
(317) 596-1182
Fax (317) 595-1494
"
IDMS Public Discussion Forum
SMTP
SMTP

Normal

Normal
Re: Database Procedures
"Thanks Everyone for the clarifications on why the DML should not be included in database procedures and I really appreciated all the good suggestions for how to solve the issue. We are talking over the possibilities and I will drop the list a note to let you know which way we went and how it is working.

Scott

Outcomes