ca.portal.admin

IDMSCATZ and DDLCATLOD

Discussion created by ca.portal.admin on Sep 20, 2009
Latest reply on Sep 24, 2009 by ca.portal.admin
Hi everybody,

Does anyone know how i can look at the records in DDLCATLOD. I was trying t=
o punch a DMCL load module and discovered it was full. The IDMSCATL and IDM=
SCATZ subschemas are not in the SYSDIRL dictionary.

Also, I seem to remember being able to use OCF to display and delete DMCL =
and DBTABLE load modules but it is not fining them.

Thanks in advance.

Tim Kupin
IDMS DBA
IBM Global Services

office 864.609.3564
cell 301.752.6857
home office 301.638.7424
timkupin@us.ibm.com
tim_kupin@comcast.net
"
IDMS 3rd-party providers forum
IDMSVENDOR-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM
SMTP
SMTP

Normal

Normal
Re: IDMS DC Programs and LE COBOL
"The major issue with regard to multiple enclave on or off is related to performance. With ""off"" set a complete LE run time environment is established with greater frequency than with ""ON"" - I can't remember the rules about this (there is excellent section on LE Cobol in CA manuals) - the point is that the option pertains to performance and ought NOT in its own right to cause loops.

You may run into problems if you intermix IDMS-DC TRANSFER to program commands with Cobol CALL commands. You will probably want to do it all one way or the other - and if you use IDMS-DC TRANSFER you will likely not get the benefits of multiple enclave.

One situation to particularly be careful of (and there is a suitable note in the manual) - is the situation where you do a Cobol CALL to a Cobol program that does a pseudo-converse - there is an excellent guide on what to do in this situation - and it does involve turning multi enclave off for the program involved in receiving control after the pseudo-converse.

It is a long time since we did all of this so I am having trouble remembering the details - see the extensive Appendix K in IDMS Cobol DML Reference (Release 16 SP(3) doco) for ""the good oil"" on this topic. If that doesn't clear up any issues that you have then I would suggest resorting to an issue with CA - because of your particular situation is not described then you will need serious help !

HTH - cheers - Gary

Gary Cherlet
Justice Technology Services
Department of Justice, SA Government
Telephone +61 (0)8 8226 5199
Facsimile +61 (0)8 8226 5311
Mobile +61 (0)41 333 1613
MailTo:gary.cherlet@sa.gov.au from August 1st

This e-mail message and any attachments are qualified as follows: Addressing: If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise by reply e-mail to the sender. Please also destroy the original transmission and its contents. Confidentiality: This e-mail may contain confidential information which also may be legally privileged. Only the intended recipient(s) may access, use, distribute or copy this e-mail. Individual Views: Unless otherwise indicated, the views expressed are those of the sender, not Justice Technology Services. Computer Viruses: It is the recipient's responsibility to check the e-mail and any attached files for viruses.

Outcomes