IDMS

Re:Re: [IDMSVENDOR-L] Access to Lock Data Used in PMRM?

• 1.  Re:Re: [IDMSVENDOR-L] Access to Lock Data Used in PMRM?

Posted Mar 09, 2010 12:21 PM
    We used to have an Exit 5 routine on our Australian IDMS User Group ""routines tape"" - that so long as you had TASK COLLECT turned on in Sysgen you could use the User Group supplied Exit 5 to write the stats to SMF - we used to use the SMF Write function of Cullinet's own SVC to do this. Looked just like the real thing. Cullinet Australia (as it was in those days) hated my guts as it cost us PMRM sales after that was brought in - but customers were happy and that was my ""raison d'etre"" as far as I was concerned. That code has long since disappeared into a bit bucket - I hope! 8-)

The simple answer though is - that without PMRM - the average customer is not going to be able to write stats to SMF. If you don't have the reports they're not of all that much value in any event unless you take the time to write your own.

Cheers - Gary

Gary Cherlet
    Justice Technology Services
    Department of Justice, SA Government
    Telephone +61 (0)8 8226 5199
    Facsimile +61 (0)8 8226 5311
    Mobile +61 (0)41 333 1613
    MailTo:gary.cherlet@sa.gov.au

This e-mail message and any attachments are qualified as follows: Addressing: If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise by reply e-mail to the sender. Please also destroy the original transmission and its contents. Confidentiality: This e-mail may contain confidential information which also may be legally privileged. Only the intended recipient(s) may access, use, distribute or copy this e-mail. Individual Views: Unless otherwise indicated, the views expressed are those of the sender, not Justice Technology Services. Computer Viruses: It is the recipient's responsibility to check the e-mail and any attached files for viruses.