ca.portal.admin

Re: Convert IDMS DDL to Relational DDL

Discussion created by ca.portal.admin on Mar 31, 2010
Any vendor with a database replication tool will have such a utility - for example ISP, ObjEx, I'm not sure but I think ASG also - and there may be others I'm not aware of.

In a pinch - you could even talk to CA - they have a powerful data modeller suite that accepts DDL from all sorts of sources and ""normalises"" to a relational form in order to generate most types of DDL output - used to be called Erwin Data Modeller I think.

Disclaimer - I have no business arrangements with any of the vendors mentioned other than I have come to know of their products through my work as a consultant and by attending IUA and CA-World conferences. Mention of a vendor or product is not a recommendation for either. Please note disclaimer in signature block.

HTH - cheers - Gay

Gary Cherlet
Justice Technology Services
Department of Justice, SA Government
Telephone +61 (0)8 8226 5199
Facsimile +61 (0)8 8226 5311
Mobile +61 (0)41 333 1613
MailTo:gary.cherlet@sa.gov.au

This e-mail message and any attachments are qualified as follows: Addressing: If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise by reply e-mail to the sender. Please also destroy the original transmission and its contents. Confidentiality: This e-mail may contain confidential information which also may be legally privileged. Only the intended recipient(s) may access, use, distribute or copy this e-mail. Individual Views: Unless otherwise indicated, the views expressed are those of the sender, not Justice Technology Services. Computer Viruses: It is the recipient's responsibility to check the e-mail and any attached files for viruses.

Outcomes