ca.portal.admin

Date and Time Overrides for an entire IDMS Region

Discussion created by ca.portal.admin on Nov 25, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 25, 2010 by ca.portal.admin
We have a facility that we call MYDATE which we are expanding to, optionally, include MYTIME. It involves use of Exit 24 to override the results of IDMS-DC #GETIME requests. This solves the problem of allowing individual testers to either ""back date"" or ""forward date"" their test sessions - a useful capability when testing application business rules that require days, weeks or months to transpire between one action and another action in an application. Our existing tool handles the following: Assembler, DC-Cobol that uses the GET TIME IDMS DC DML verb, and ADS. It does not help, that we are aware of, of DC-Cobol programs that use the Cobol intrinsic Date functions.

Is anybody aware of a technique, or tool, that would allow us to override ALL date processing for an entire IDMS DB/DC Region, for all languages and all date/time processing for all of those languages? We are aware that if the IDMS-DB processing is affected there will be operational issues regarding journals in particular - but we can cross that bridge if we get to it!

TIA - cheers - Gary

Gary Cherlet
Justice Technology Services
Department of Justice, SA Government

"""""""" Telephone +61 (0)8 8226 5199
@@ Facsimile +61 (0)8 8226 5311
> Mobile n/a
\/ MailTo:gary.cherlet@sa.gov.au

On this page I appear to be HAPPY about one thing or another ....... this is NOT habitual Gary Cherlet

This e-mail message and any attachments are qualified as follows: Addressing: If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise by reply e-mail to the sender. Please also destroy the original transmission and its contents. Confidentiality: This e-mail may contain confidential information which also may be legally privileged. Only the intended recipient(s) may access, use, distribute or copy this e-mail. Individual Views: Unless otherwise indicated, the views expressed are those of the sender, not Justice Technology Services. Computer Viruses: It is the recipient's responsibility to check the e-mail and any attached files for viruses.
"
IDMS Public Discussion Forum
IDMS-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM
SMTP
SMTP

Normal

Normal
IDMS Index separation
"I am in the process of converting my data from non sms environment to a
sms environment. In the IDMS world is there any restrictions for dataset
placement, like the index must be on a separate volume from the data.
"
IDMS Public Discussion Forum
SMTP
SMTP

Normal

Normal
IDMS Index separation
"I am in the process of converting my data from non sms environment to a
sms environment. In the IDMS world is there any restrictions for dataset
placement, like the index must be on a separate volume from the data.
"
IDMS 3rd-party providers forum
IDMSVENDOR-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM
SMTP
SMTP

Normal

Normal
Re: IDMS Index separation
"Other than common sense, none that I'm aware of.

In fact, in my shop, it's almost impossible with our array of ""virtual"" 3390's.

Dick
Richard Pierce
(617) 973-8911
richard.pierce@state.ma.us

Outcomes